Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Individual Computers: New Indivision models, A600 expansion, Chameleon delayed  (Read 7892 times)

Description:

Offline SchoenfeldTopic starter

• Show only replies by Schoenfeld
    • http://icomp.de
As announced in january of this year, delivery of our flickerfixer "Indivision AGA" for the Amiga 4000 (desktop version) and the CD32 has begun this week. In order to start sales worldwide at the same time, we have shipped a few units a little earlier to our partners in the USA. The first customers in the US and Germany have already recieved their pre-ordered board. Delivery to customers in Sweden and England starts today.

Indivision AGA brings the Amiga's graphics output to a modern monitor or flat screen. The user can choose almost any model on the market, because Indivision AGA doesn't only double the frame rate, but even displays a PAL screenmode at more than 60Hz flicker-free. For every screenmode, the full colour depth of 24 bits is displayed.

Indivision AGA is available from our resellers for 129,- EUR(*). We're especially happy to have a new partner in Switzerland. Relec Hardware and Software delivers both versions of Indivision AGA with a French manual.

Indivision ECS under development
The next version of our popular flickerfixer will be made for Amiga models with OCS- and ECS-chipset. Since the older chipsets only work with a colour depth of 12 bits (4096 colours), we're expecting a slightly lower price for this model. It is meant to work with the Amiga models A500, A600(**), A1000, A2000 and A3000. All known technical data will presumably be in Indivision ECS: All screenmodes will be output with more than 60Hz, and the S-Hires modes of the ECS chipset will be displayed in full resolution. Indivision ECS will be installed on the socket of the Denise chip of the target computer. We're expecting the first prototype in about three months.

New memory expansion A603 for A600
In 2006, we already introduced a memory expansion for the smallest of all Amigas, the A600. To our surprise, the demand for this expansion is still high, so we didn't just make a new production run, but made a further development. The new expansion offers 1M of additional chipmem, a real-time clock and a clockport for connection of A1200 expansions. In addition to that, the A603 offers a socket for installing Indivision ECS. The new memory expansion will be available from our resellers before the end of april 2009 for 39,90 EUR(*). For operation of the real-time clock, a coin cell (type CR2032) is required, which is not included. Installing the expansion requires mechanical work on the metal shield of the computer.

Chameleon delayed
The new multi-functional cartridge for the C64 with flickerfixer, memory expansion, floppy-emulation, freezer- and turbo-functionality has experienced multiple changes during recent development that have delayed mass-production. In addition to that, several semiconductor vendors have disappointed us with extremely long delivery times, so we had to make more changes in order to keep quick mass-production possible.
Development of Chameleon is our top priority at the moment and it does not depend on chip delivery times any more. If you want to test Chameleon before it's release, you can do that with the C-One. A Chameleon core is available for free download.

(*) recommended retail price including German sales tax of 19%. Prices at our retail partners may vary. For mail ordering, shipping may be added.
(**) memory expansion A603 required.

Offline Damion

Re: Individual Computers: New Indivision models, A600 expans
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »
Indivision ECS under development

WOOT! :pint:

I could use a few of these. The A603, MP3@64, and Indivision ECS would make a nice addition to my (newly repaired and working) A600/'030. :-)

Online amigakit

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:11:21 PM »
Great news!

We have both the  Indivision AGA models in stock now:

Indivision AGA 1200

Indivision AGA 4000 / CD32

Pre-ordering for the new A603 has now started here:

A603 Memory Expansion

www.amigakit.com Amiga Computer Store
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:47:15 PM »
Hey, Jens,

How about plopping a clockport on that ECS Indivision?? ;-)
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline nishtek

• Show only replies by nishtek
    • http://www.nishtek.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:14:47 AM »
Better include a pass-through connector (as with Commodore's 2320 flicker fixer).  This way picasso, picollo and few others can work seamlessly.
----
Nishtek.com

Offline amiga1260

• Show only replies by amiga1260
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 07:51:13 AM »
I preordered the 603 for my A600. Now I just have to wait for the Indivision ECS.

Offline cpfuture

• Show only replies by cpfuture
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 10:00:06 AM »
Wow!  :-o

An impressive product range to say the least. Definitely looking out for Indivision ECS!

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 12:12:08 PM »
Thanks for the C-One C64 cartridge demo.  Much appreciated.  :-)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Online amigakit

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 01:22:26 PM »
If you wish to use the separate forthcoming product, Indivision ECS on your Amiga 600, you will need the A603 Memory Expansion first to connect it to the A600.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline 560SL

• Show only replies by 560SL
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 08:23:19 PM »
Awesome with the ECS Indy. I wonder how many I have to order....

Still waiting for Indy A4000T though... when is it coming?
AmigaOS: Forward Into The Past

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 08:51:38 PM »
So...

...could I in theory use an Amiga 1200 CPU upgrade on a 600?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline cv643d

• Show only replies by cv643d
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 10:10:09 PM »
No
Amiga articles
"New shell. It was finished a while back, but I still see bugs, haha" - SSolie

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 09:11:35 AM »
And some time ago I dreamed of having The Indivision for the A600... But I never thought it to be possible...

Jens is just so cool

Offline SchoenfeldTopic starter

• Show only replies by Schoenfeld
    • http://icomp.de
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 10:41:21 AM »
wait till you have to install it - the A600 case is extremely small, the disk drive needs to go in order to make room for Indivision ECS.

Also, the A603 will only fit if you remove or at least modify the metal shield. Installation purely through the trapdoor slot is NOT possible; the computer must be opened.

Many A600s have been shipped without the metal shield, so this is not a big deal, but if you have one of the rare models with metal shield, it's a lot of work to avoid a short circuit.

Jens

Offline amigean

• Show only replies by amigean
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 02:34:07 PM »
Great news!

Question: What would the ECS Indivision offer for the A3000 that the onboard SD/FF doesn't?

(I presume better quality, scanlines, new modes?)