Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 7 yr. fog  (Read 1479 times)

Description:

Offline rittyTopic starter

• Show only replies by ritty
7 yr. fog
« on: August 24, 2003, 02:35:29 AM »
ty Amiga. Org for your FAQ...  back to the future , In jan. of 1995  while in a crosswalk , I was struck and dragged by an auto ... the accident left me "in a trance " ..polite word for coma , and then permanently handicapped
. This left my 3000T to be sold for doctors bills ,and today, making a come back ..wonder why Amiga didn't continue with it's 3000series/or BETTER... now with my mind almost ok i look forward to the new Amiga's ...what the devil is BeOS Morph OS , etc..???   :-o

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
Re: 7 yr. fog
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 03:31:04 AM »
This left my 3000T to be sold for doctors bills
That wasn't very polite of them, was it? Bastards!

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 03:41:23 AM »
@ritty

Sorry to hear that.

To fill you in:
beOS:  Another Multimedia OS, created originally for the Hobbit CPU, then PowerPC finally x86 before the parent company was sold to Palm, Inc.

MorphOS:  new OS, designed as a next-generation Amiga's OS by the same team that was originally in charge of the PowerAmiga project.  (Moving the Amiga to PowerPC)  

Any other questions?
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline tony23

• Show only replies by tony23
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 03:51:07 AM »
Hi ritty, I'm sorry to hear about your accident but I'm glad to hear about your come back, we need all the former amiga users we can get to come back and help move the amiga forward. BeOS and MorphOS are Amiga Like OS's and we also now have Emu's that run on pc's making pc's way better. :-)  I'm also sorry to hear about your 3000t, those are really nice machines, you may find another on ebay if you keep looking, they do turn up once in a while. I've got a 3000D with OS3.9 that I just love but it would be even nicer in a tower. I gather that it was commodore's going bust that we never got to see another incarnation of the 3000. We now have a lot more choice though when it comes to Amiga solutions.
Spend some time reading around around here and you'll get up to speed on knowing all of the great things happening for Amigans these days.
 :-)  Take Care.   T. :-)
Talk minus Action = Zero