Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's 20 years on, and Windows still doesn't have...  (Read 13303 times)

Description:

Offline kedawa

• Show all replies
Re: It's 20 years on, and Windows still doesn't have...
« on: July 23, 2012, 05:56:56 AM »
I'm just disappointed that no version of Windows has ever been able to recall multi monitor settings if you don't keep all monitors active.
Sometimes I only need one monitor, but if I disable my extra displays, it just resets the desktop coordinate to default.
I've had to deal with this problem across many versions of the OS and dozens of different computers.
It's just flabbergasting, especially with laptops.

Offline kedawa

• Show all replies
Re: It's 20 years on, and Windows still doesn't have...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;701027
What really peees me off about Windows is the download window that opens when you download something. Then you have to close it manually which is highly annoying. Especially as it flashes until you click on it   :rant:

There's a checkbox you can check so that it automatically closes after the download is finished, at least for web browsers.
Quote from: swoslover;701028
I find it annoying that downloads aren't automatically put in the downloads folder.

Stuff automatically downloads to whatever folder you choose.
I have my browsers and torrent client set to download everything to the desktop, so that I can do what I need to do with them, and then either delete them or move them to another folder for storage.
I hate having to go hunting for something I just downloaded.