Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's 20 years on, and Windows still doesn't have...  (Read 13291 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981

Re: It's 20 years on, and Windows still doesn't have...
« on: July 22, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »
Quote from: Roj;700973
...Use, Test, and true Cancel gadgets on preference windows.

Apply doesn't count. It's just an OK gadget that leaves the preferences window open. Cancel? They should just change that to say Close. Opening a preference window, making changes, hitting Apply, and then hitting Cancel should revert to the settings before the preferences were opened. It doesn't. It's largely useless.

I couldn't agree with you more. This is a major flaw in Windows. I'm just glad I have my Amigas to remind me of how preferences should be handled.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:56:35 PM »
Not sure about other OS's, but why the hell in Windows can I not save preference "Presets" like in Workbench? These come in handy no end if changing your display or display resolution/overscan, or printer even, or a larger font as in what 1st poster was talking about.
Also, a preset saving facility would be fantastic for network settings (thinking of laptops here). But no, have to repeatedly change IP settings to and from where every I may be using my laptop.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »
Quote from: 68000_forever;701438
It's 20 years on, and Amiga freaks are still bitching about a succesful operating system.

Can AmigaOS run Photoshop? Is Cubase available for AmigaOS? Is AmigaOS relevant to professional life? Does the younger generation hang on deprecated operating systems or do they just need an up to date computer as a tool to do their work?

I don't really care what the younger generation does.
Commodore-Amiga is a professional brand of machines. Out of date now, yes. It's a bit like having an old Rolls Royce.... still feels nice to take her for a ride.
I see you're a new member on here. Nice to meet you. :)