Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nintendo Wi-Fi Problems  (Read 1064 times)

Description:

Offline adolescentTopic starter

• Show only replies by adolescent
Nintendo Wi-Fi Problems
« on: November 16, 2005, 03:29:29 PM »
Joystiq reports on the large scale outages that marked Nintendos Wi-Fi rollout yesterday.  

Nintendo’s WFC experiences growing pains

We’ve been hearing from readers who’ve been unable to get their online Mario Kart fix since about 3pm today!

Luckily, the problems seem to be fixed now and I was actually able to race a few times before work.  Maybe this will finally prove to Nintendo that people do want to play online...  :-D

BTW, the setup is simple (although, I had to downgrade my security from WPA to WEP :-(), and Mario Kart is very addictive.  Only real issue I have so far is I haven't figured out how to exit an online game.  (ie. after racing a series it automaticly puts me back into a series with the same racers...).  I'll have to RTFM on that one.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline Turambar

• Show only replies by Turambar
    • http://gentleman-bastards.com/
Re: Nintendo Wi-Fi Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 12:22:43 PM »
Hmm the forum keeps saying i havent read this post... Hopefully this clears it since its annoying me. Sorry i dont have anything constructive to say.....

edit-

It didnt bloody work :/

In other news i should have myself a GP2X soon. It doesnt have any wirelss networking functionality but it should be a fun little emulation machine. Especially if a decent port of UAE or Fellow is made.

Offline McNorris

• Show only replies by McNorris
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 03:34:09 AM »
@adolescent

I'll be with you by Christmas. My folks will probobly get me the "Red Hot" bundle. Looks like a blast.
Where to get the news that matters...
http://www.theonion.com...

Offline adolescentTopic starter

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 11:27:55 PM »

McNorris wrote:
@adolescent

I'll be with you by Christmas. My folks will probobly get me the "Red Hot" bundle. Looks like a blast.

It's a blast.  IMHO, the best Mario Kart since the SNES original.   The multiplayer is rather simple (no chat, etc.) but it's free and working.  Once you get setup we can schedule a couple of races.

BTW, I'm also looking forward to the DS Animal Crossing.  Looks like fun.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline Louis Dias

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 07:56:13 PM »
I can't get into those "non-game" games like Animal Crossing.  It's the simple fun of stuff like Mario Kart that I love Nintendo for.

For anyhting else, I have my PC.

There's already user sites posting "friend lists" so people can know who they are playing.  Nintendo discourages this but it's out of there hands as long as the poster is posting his own friend code.

I'll probably pick up a redesigned DS once it comes out.  I don't mean a new color, but a redesign.  Unless they remove some functionality.

I've seen screens that "unroll" for PC's.  Maybe they could design something like that and have the screens be closer together.

You know what would make a good DS game?  Scorched Tanks - ONLINE!

Offline Darklight

• Show only replies by Darklight
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 03:49:23 AM »
Yes, I too have been playing Mario Kart DS online, and I gotta say, it's great.  The only problem I have is with people quitting before they lose  :angry:
Also looking forward to Animal Crossing DS, I've got a pre-order on that one.  I'm just glad we Aussies get it in December unlike the unlucky UK folk  :-o

We should have an Amiga.org MK tourney  :idea:

Offline Louis Dias

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 12:24:39 PM »

Darklight wrote:

The only problem I have is with people quitting before they lose  :angry:

That's "kids" for ya.
Parents gotta teach kids how to handle failure before success.  Big problem in the US...but that's another topic for another day...

Offline McNorris

• Show only replies by McNorris
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 08:39:24 AM »
@adolescent

Let's do it.

I'm psyched for Harvest moon DS. Looks cool. I really got into  the GC version. Running a farm. I think my friends thought I had become gay, but what the hell ever.

I don't need to suck blood from nazi mutants to have a good time with a game.
Where to get the news that matters...
http://www.theonion.com...