Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dr Who on BBC?!!  (Read 1408 times)

Description:

Offline ceciliaTopic starter

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: Dr Who on BBC?!!
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 06, 2004, 10:10:20 PM »
Especially since an unspecified chunk of that goes to pay Amiga Inc, a company who's flakiness make Genesi look angelic.
i don't know anything about "amiga Inc" present situation as far as getting any money. so, i won't comment on that.

however, considering that just recently, BBRV have proven in public to be nothing close to moral or ethical, might I suggest you not bring them up as any sort of comprison?

my interest in the micro has nothing to do with anyone's "propaganda", simply my actually looking at it operate. and, of course, I'm looking at beta versions of the OS, which is not what most people have at the moment. I happy about the progress, is all i'm saying.

as for Doctor Who, I can't say what it will look like. I'm just interested. that's ok, isn't it?
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

• Amiga Snob
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2004, 10:17:33 PM »

Vincent wrote:
cecilia wrote:
(what's with the bitterness, kenny. it can't be THAT bad?)

He's a pessimistic Scot, we're all like that...
i know. it's what I like about him.
I just thought he was particularly sad this time.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 11:14:12 PM »
cecilia wrote:
however, considering that just recently, BBRV have proven in public to be nothing close to moral or ethical, might I suggest you not bring them up as any sort of comprison?

Yes, you're right. Amiga Inc. owe a LOT more to their employees, have been forced to pay when those employees took them to court and won, and STILL haven't paid them a cent. They're a lot worse.

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 11:15:51 PM »
Erm............. What was the thread title again?

Are we going into a timewarp? ;-)

• Amiga Snob
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 11:39:38 PM »

KennyR wrote:
cecilia wrote:

Yes, you're right. Amiga Inc. owe a LOT more to their employees, have been forced to pay when those employees took them to court and won, and STILL haven't paid them a cent. They're a lot worse.
even if Amiga Inc only owed someone one dollar, they wouldn't be anyone I'd feel right about. and the same goes for BBRV. and they DO owe lots of people lots of money and none of them will see a dime.
it's NOT about the money. it's about the lying, lack of trust and dispicable behavior.

I have ZERO interest in playing some sort of stupid game where we try to see who is worse. they both suck. the end.

amiga inc basically doesn't exist any more. they have no effect or influence on anything that goes on.
soon, BBRV will be consigned to the same trash can.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline KennyR

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 11:56:56 PM »
cecilia wrote:
amiga inc basically doesn't exist any more. they have no effect or influence on anything that goes on.

Wrong. They still hold the IP, making it impossible for anyone with capital and ambition to go on and actually do something with the Amiga. They still demand ridiculous licencing agreements which confines OS4 to whatever unfitting hardware Eyetech can scrape up from the hell of abandoned evaluation boards and keeps the community tiny and useless. They claim money from both Eyetech and Hyperion's efforts while doing absolutely nothing of their own.

And worse of all they keep all this going by their constant shell games and con tricks to hold off bankruptcy and fleece this community of everything it has. All the while hiding behind a veil of total secrecy, with the occassional feeble appeasement gesture. OMG!!! A REAL MEMBER OF AMIGA INC WENT TO A SHOW!! AMIGA INC RULE!!! :banana: :banana:

And it's the same people, the very same people, who hysterically greet every AInc announcement like it's from God itself, who are the biggest critics of Genesi. "You a$$hole bbrv!" cries one clueless BAF who knows absolutely nothing about the situation he's commenting on or the people his own purchases support.

Once Amiga Inc. give out hundreds of free boards to the community to entice developers, once they actually pay their debtors even a little of what they're owed, once they make an attempt to contact users, developers and companies directly rather than through {bleep} "There's something BIG just around the corner! Wait a few more weeks!" claims that waft out every so often from unnamed sources like farts out of a duffelcoat, then you can compare them to Genesi. Genesi have a long way to go before they sink to AInc's level. A LONG way.

I am getting seriously f*cking sick of the whole affair. My apologies for dragging this whole thread off topic.

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2004, 01:15:22 AM »

KennyR wrote:
cecilia wrote:

Wrong. They still hold the IP, making it impossible for anyone with capital and ambition to go on and actually do something with the Amiga. They still demand ridiculous licencing agreements which confines OS4 to whatever unfitting hardware Eyetech can scrape up from the hell of abandoned evaluation boards and keeps the community tiny and useless. They claim money from both Eyetech and Hyperion's efforts while doing absolutely nothing of their own.

And worse of all they keep all this going by their constant shell games and con tricks to hold off bankruptcy and fleece this community of everything it has. All the while hiding behind a veil of total secrecy, with the occassional feeble appeasement gesture. OMG!!! A REAL MEMBER OF AMIGA INC WENT TO A SHOW!! AMIGA INC RULE!!! :banana: :banana:

And it's the same people, the very same people, who hysterically greet every AInc announcement like it's from God itself, who are the biggest critics of Genesi. "You a$$hole bbrv!" cries one clueless BAF who knows absolutely nothing about the situation he's commenting on or the people his own purchases support.

Once Amiga Inc. give out hundreds of free boards to the community to entice developers, once they actually pay their debtors even a little of what they're owed, once they make an attempt to contact users, developers and companies directly rather than through {bleep} "There's something BIG just around the corner! Wait a few more weeks!" claims that waft out every so often from unnamed sources like farts out of a duffelcoat, then you can compare them to Genesi. Genesi have a long way to go before they sink to AInc's level. A LONG way.

I am getting seriously f*cking sick of the whole affair. My apologies for dragging this whole thread off topic.

It seems the only people acting professionally in this whole sorry Amiga sInc drama are Hyperion.

Offline KennyR

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2004, 01:24:26 AM »
mdma wrote:
It seems the only people acting professionally in this whole sorry Amiga sInc drama are Hyperion.

Hyperion have burned bridges with many developers who could have helped them and the community. Epic and Titan - the only two real software houses left who will develop commercial stuff for the community - are outrightly hostile to them for previous litigation. Hyperion have their fits of unprofessionalism too. Especially where Hermans and Häuser are concerned.