Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HEY JENS!!! Clone-A Progress Report?  (Read 12609 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

Re: HEY JENS!!! Clone-A Progress Report?
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:23:01 AM »
+1

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:09:47 AM »
Simple answer:
Sell an A4000 Clone-A for 500 USD ;)

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 02:31:12 AM »
I will agree with you on that, and even more if you think that the person who bought it is an investor in another Company.
When the owner was Wayne, we all knew who he was, an enthusiastic Amiga user that worked in Amiga.org as his personal hobby, we all knew what were his goals.

We know zilch about current owner, and his intentions!

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 03:56:32 AM »
@Pyromania
Does he/she have a long, mid term plan with Amiga.org? What does he/she expect to change something in the future?
Is he/she someone we could trust for being a non profit maker regarding Amiga.org, and is he/she an amiga fan? Can we trust what he/she says?

I know it sounds trying to troll, but i feel like i dont understand what is behind hiding his/her ownernership. It sounds quite odd, suspicious, i am a bit confused by this.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:10:57 AM »
So you are saying that Wayne is no more an enthusiastic Amiga user, not even an Amiga user. Well i didnt say the contrary. What i said is that he was (past tense), so we all knew what were his intentions. Of course he probably got tired and lost interest, and.... 10000 USD doesnt hurt! :)

But the fact still remains we know zilch about the current owner and his intentions, and that it sounds at least suspicious when he hides who he is in a secretive manner behind a privately held company.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
Okay, probably i expressed it wrong or you missunderstood that, it really doesnt matter anyway. :)

The matter of discussion was not really what Wayne does or did, it was about the suspicious Amiga.org owner not revealing his/her name and intentions.

Back to topic:

I dont see what is the issue with licensing, Jens can sell his product under Clone-A name and put empty sockets for kickstart rom/s, or even a flash solutions that somehow allows Amiga Forever owners to move their legal rom file to flash media. In that way he doesnt require any licence, and he is not doing anything illegal stuff.
Of course, this means the user will have to purchase a legally valid rom.
If what he wanted was the "Amiga" name, really that isnt important. If he really cares that much about names, then it maybe easier for him to contact actual Commodore brandname owners and cut a deal with them. But i fail to see the licensing issue.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:03:42 AM by Gulliver »

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »
@takemehomegrandma

Thank you for the information.
So at the end, the problem is most probably, the lack of funding to build an ASIC and/or the size of the potential market size required for such a product.

It is a pitty though!
Isnt low volume production (of course, not using an ASIC) of the Clone-A still viable comercially speaking?