Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FriendUP v1.0.0 Meta Operating System Released  (Read 11468 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: FriendUP v1.0.0 Meta Operating System Released
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 10, 2017, 04:24:48 PM »
Quote from: kolla;828117
I think Iggy has the curse already too :)

:roflmao: Not recently. Come to think of it, I haven't bought anything with an Amiga brand label since someone sold me a CD32 at a good price at couple of years ago.

Although...I keep dancing around the idea of buying an X5000/20 (instead of waiting for the X5000/40) and that would mean both new Amiga branded software and hardware.

In the past, this curse has mysteriously left my pockets, my wallet, and my bank account empty.
So I've tried to avoid it.

BTW - Glad to see a few of you are as confused as I am about the 'browser OS' that requires a browser and an OS (although it does supposedly bring the 'Amiga').
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:42:51 PM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline nicholas

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 07:57:45 PM »
Quote from: kolla;828117
I think Iggy has the curse already too :)

Antibiotics and a pot of live yoghurt should cure that. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;828126
Antibiotics and a pot of live yoghurt should cure that. ;)

For the Amiga curse? More like a rabies vaccination and a bottle of Rye.

But I'll go grab some kefir just in case a probiotic live culture would do some good. :laugh1:
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline nicholas

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 10:44:45 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;828133

But I'll go grab some kefir just in case a probiotic live culture would do some good. :laugh1:

:lol:
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;828133

:lol:

Offline agami

• Show only replies by agami
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 01:13:02 AM »
Kefir cures all.
---------------AGA Collection---------------
1) Amiga A4000 040 40MHz, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000, Creative PCI128, Fast Ethernet, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
2) Amiga A1200 040 25MHz, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, IDEfix, PCMCIA WiFi, slim slot load DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
3) Amiga CD32 + SX1, OS 3.1

Offline spudje

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
From an enterprise perspective cloud based OSs, i.e. workspaces make sense. There you can have centrally managed and controlled environments for your employees. E.g. An employee takes his own device (tablet, laptop) and uses the cloud OS to do his office work, in a separate sandboxed cloud environment without the risk of infecting the Enterprise network with the sh*t installed on his own device or leaving confidential data from the office on his device as it only lives in the cloud.

However, our big IT friends, Microsoft (Azure based workspace), Citrix and Amazon all already offer something for this. So I am also struggling to understand where FriendUP has a chance in the market.

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 08:45:00 AM »
Dan Wood has just uploaded a more indepth video of FriendUP, demostrating the features of the OS.

While Im personally somewhat sceptical of cloudbased storage, just from a security point of view, I do see the advantage of this OS from a ease of access point of view, espesially if you are moving around alot for work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84D-jBTbwYk

Offline CodePoet

• Show only replies by CodePoet
    • http://www.UltraKeet.com.au
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »
I'll have to admit, the fact that David Pleasance, Francois Lionette and Dan are now involved has made it really interesting

...If Dave Haynie gets involved i'll probably swoon like a fangirl