Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Catweasel MK4 and WinUAE oddities  (Read 880 times)

Description:

Offline InTheSandTopic starter

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
Catweasel MK4 and WinUAE oddities
« on: August 12, 2005, 12:20:01 PM »
Hi,

I'm experiencing a couple of odd problems with WinUAE 1.0 and CatWeasel...

If I mount the CAT: device, my emulated Amiga (OS 3.9) will poll the Catweasel's floppy drive but Workbench shows "CAT:Unreadable". Similarly, if I format the CAT: drive as FFS, the emulated Amiga goes through the motions and tries to format the disk (and the Catweasel floppy drive is accessed accordingly) but at the end of the format process, it fails with "Not a valid DOS disk" and Workbench shows the icon as "CAT:Uninitialized".

I have the CAT mountlist in DEVS:DOSDrivers and multidisk.device in the right place and am using the latest Catweasel Windows drivers...

On a related note, on the PC with the PCI Catweasel installed, if I format an emulated DF0: (e.g. a disk file of something.adf), it gets to about 30 tracks in and then crashes the emulated Amiga. This doesn't happen on a PC using the same AmigaDOS configuration but without having a physical Catweasel installed.

Any ideas??!

Regards,

- Ali

Offline quenthal

• Show only replies by quenthal
Re: Catweasel MK4 and WinUAE oddities
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 02:15:03 PM »
From WinUAE-homepage:

"Catweasel Windows driver support, MK1/MK3/MK4 supported (MK4 direct floppy support and Amiga mouse support coming later)"

Hopefully new version with direct floppy support for MK4-version of Catweasel is soon here :-)
A4000/CSPPC&060

Offline InTheSandTopic starter

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
Re: Catweasel MK4 and WinUAE oddities
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 01:04:37 AM »

quenthal wrote:
Hopefully new version with direct floppy support for MK4-version of Catweasel is soon here :-)

I hope so too!

Presumably, this would give an option to use the Catweasel's drive as DF0: directly from within the emulated Amiga. That'd be very useful!

- Ali