Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: os4 theme for "commodore os?" hahahaha.  (Read 16597 times)

Description:

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
Re: os4 theme for "commodore os?" hahahaha.
« on: December 16, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;719334
Thats funny on so many levels...

No, it's not. It's just boring, this is why there's a separate sub forum for this kind of stuff ("CommodoreUSA Amiga"), somebody needs to move this thread there.

Funny though that it may be illegal for them to be using the commodore name at all now,
given the current legal stuff with the name and so on.

AFAIK, they never paid a single cent for their license to use the Commodore name - Asiarim's SEC reports kept repeating until late 2011 that they hadn't recieved any licensing fees from their only licensor (CUSA) yet.

That's when dutch C=Holding and Asiarim started fighting over who owns it anyway, I doubt Barry has been paying either of them anything since then.

I guess they lost the right to use the amiga name, maybe they stopped paying silly billy and Amiga inc for the stickers?

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say they never paid anything. It's not like McEwen looks like he could force you to play nice, so it's worth a try - right? It worked with Asiarim, after all.

Then somebody connected to Kourri's estate showed up, and made it pretty clear that they're expected to pay or their asses will be dragged to court. As the 'Amiga line' probably sold like crap anyway, they just dumped it.

As I said - just a guess.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;719355
How come os4, morphOS and AmigaOS successes or failures can get openly discussed as general amiga chat but not the stuff from this "company" ?

You could of course "openly discuss" CUSA if you wanted to - right here on amiga.org.

Problem is: people never do that when CUSA is involved.  They're usually just bashing them, like you're doing in this thread - linking to a skin released by an unknown user, the page linked to doesn't even mention "Commodore" at all, yet your thread is titled 'os4 theme for "commodore os"? hahahaha'.

That's not called discussing. And because neither the "haters" nor the "CUSA fanboys" seem to be able to hold back, even the people who really want to discuss CUSA (I doubt there are any left) have to do it in the basement.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;719371
The title page clearly says it's for Commodore OS.

You're right, no idea how I could miss that. Doesn't change my point that this thread is anything but "open discussion" though.

It's in its correct sub forum now so chill out.

Somebody was arguing it should be moved out again and I replied to that. That is actually called discussion.