Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Announcement: Technical data of the new Catweasel MK4 controller  (Read 5969 times)

Description:

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show all replies
I agree with Jens. If you want MorphOS drivers, write them yourself. Like Redrumloa said, the card's primary target is Windows. As far as I know, it's just Jens doing the hardware and a friend doing the software. We're not talking about ATI, nVidia, or Creative here. In my experience, Jens has been nothing but helpful, open, and honest about his products. That's pretty rare in the Amiga community.

Trev

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show all replies
Re: Announcement: Technical data of the new Catweasel MK4 co
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 05:46:58 AM »
It looks like classic Amiga is not supported either. Only AmigaOne and BPPC/CSPPC with OS4 supported bus board.

A not-so-OpenPCI driver would be a good project for anyone with the motivation to write one. Hopefully, Jens will continue his tradition of publishing low-level hardware information. If the Linux driver isn't open source, I doubt it will be long before some kernel hacker writes one that is.

Trev

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show all replies
Re: Announcement: Technical data of the new Catweasel MK4 co
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 08:02:06 PM »
Actually, it would be pretty cool to have an MS-DOS TSR that hooks drive letters and understands various disk formats. However, unless Jens has worked out some magic for detecting drives, he'd need to include some sort of static register to hold the device configuration which would help the driver work dynamically. Without that, one could require parameters on the TSR command-line. Could be a fun project.

Trev