Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Animating hand-drawn graphics  (Read 3916 times)

Description:

Offline JaXanim

• Show only replies by JaXanim
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide/home.html
Re: Animating hand-drawn graphics
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 17, 2006, 06:18:57 PM »
Maybe some reading around things like Isometric Projection and Cell Shading might create ideas?

JaX
Be inspired! It\\\'s back!

Offline rednova

• Show only replies by rednova
    • https://sites.google.com/site/rednova3d/
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 01:19:11 AM »
Hi Friend:

this might be a little off...but it might help.
There is a good old amiga proggie, called 'moviesetter'.
Is really good and easy to learn/use.It is to make your own animated movies (2d)or animations.You can scan into it your pencil drawings and mix them with sfx and pics.It is really good...for importing drawings and making your own animations.And it is easy to use. You could find a copy on ebay every once in a while..for a small price ($10 ?).
Hope this helps...

rednova
-mobilis in mobili-
-mobilis in mobile-

Offline AmigaPixel

• Show only replies by AmigaPixel
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 06:47:47 AM »
Did you ever find a solution? If not here is my 2 cents worth. Lightwave 3d has nice plugin called cell shader. It converts 3D scenes to appear 2D and it does a good job. It also lets you adjust your settings i.e. line thickness and others. Thisway you could have the 3D rotation effect of the crane but still have it appear 2D.

Also I would suggest ImageFX Studio by Nova Designs, the latest is version 4.5. This paint image manipulation package is second to none and rivals other similar programs on other platforms.

The batch processor alone makes it worth it. You could paint the hand drawn style you are looking for in the program or draw each frame and scan them in. Then use the batch program to assemble them into an animation.
finally Lightwave 3D allows you to composite videos into the background so you could combine the two elements.