Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Graphics corruption  (Read 10615 times)

Description:

Offline delshay

• Show only replies by delshay
Re: Graphics corruption
« Reply #89 from previous page: January 31, 2013, 02:15:43 PM »
If Bvision was working in the past,then stop working then you have to assume the problem may return as it seems you have done nothing other than just changed Bvision.

The PCB you insert maybe work itself a little loose and comes into contact with Bvision maybe when you move the unit or due to vibration.

If the PCB is very near to Bvision then I recommend a very thin piece of flexible plastic cut to size and glued to the underside of the PCB to cover all solder contact. Glue just the four corners of the PCB not all of the card.

HOT GLUE recommended,but I would get a expert to do this for you.

Before doing all above you need to be sure the PCB is not damaging your Bvision and given that it is now working going back and disturbing the card(s) may trigger of the fault again and may permanently damage the Bvision again.

If the fault returns you are going to think I should have looked into it further.
-------------
power is nothing without control

Offline delshay

« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2013, 02:35:20 PM »
Bvision can be fast as the PC version if all the talk of DMA driver & 41.5Mhz bus. It will be good enough for standard browsing,but I have seen it do some awesome performance with 3D games with 1024x768 16bit on classic amiga and given from what I have seen voodoo cards are going to need better driver besides I like my wedge shape A1200.

Blizzard PowerPC 350Mhz.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:23:40 AM by delshay »
-------------

Offline rvo_nlTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2013, 06:07:12 PM »
Quote from: delshay;724795
The PCB you insert maybe work itself a little loose and comes into contact with Bvision maybe when you move the unit or due to vibration.

hang on, what do you mean with PCB? you mean the bvision or the motherboard here?

stachu looked at my problem (from a distance) and concluded it must have been overheating, thats why I added a 80mm fan. that thing is huge. if the cause was really heat, then I think this has solved it. but still im interested in hearing about other precautions, thats why I asked my previous question. please let me know.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline delshay

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2013, 02:22:22 AM »
I may have made a error,but did you not say you plug-in a PCB on to the connector for tower LED display, I must be wrong sorry for the confusion as I don't have time to read back though thread.

Disregard last few comments,enjoy.
-------------

Offline rvo_nlTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2013, 08:13:18 AM »
ah yes, that one. Indeed I do. Ive already made sure its insulated even more. theres for sure no solder points sticking out and touching the bvision now. thanks for sharing your concerns :)
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1