Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Morphos for iBook?  (Read 2736 times)

Description:

Offline persiaTopic starter

• Show only replies by persia
Morphos for iBook?
« on: July 01, 2010, 01:29:31 AM »
Will Morphos be available for an iBook?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
Re: Morphos for iBook?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 01:38:05 AM »
Quote from: persia;568300

Presumably it will be in time, if im not wrong some of the MorphOS devs have just got it up and running, tho not functionable as for a release but still I think it will come :)

Offline pVC

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:16:51 AM »
Powerbooks are partially working, but I haven't heard any comments about iBook... no official confirmations about the support yet. So it's just guessing... of course if the hw is similar enough to supported platforms and widely available, it could always be possible, I guess :)
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline jacadcaps

• Show only replies by jacadcaps
    • http://dreamolers.meanmachine.ch
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:42:01 AM »
Quote from: persia;568300

It's too early for any announcements really, although *personally* I do not think it's worth it unless the last version (of the iBook) works w/o any bigger modifications with the PowerBook MorphOS version. Support for pre-2005 models is even less likely. Support for models without at least Radeon 9200 has no real chances of ever happening.

Offline persiaTopic starter

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »
I finally replaced my aging iBook with a MacBook (at my wife's insistence, we were up in Vietnam for a week and she got very frustrated at the speed of the iBook) and the iBook itself is worth nothing, but it would be fun to turn it into an "Amiga."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »
Quote from: jacadcaps;568357
It's too early for any announcements really, although *personally* I do not think it's worth it unless the last version (of the iBook) works w/o any bigger modifications with the PowerBook MorphOS version. Support for pre-2005 models is even less likely. Support for models without at least Radeon 9200 has no real chances of ever happening.

The final revisions of 1.33GHz and 1.42 for the 12" and 14" models, respectively, have Radeon 9550s, I think. I agree that supporting earlier models is probably not worth the effort, but I would gladly loan one of the aforementioned models to the team if it would lead to official support.