Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So, where was "X" at AmiWest?  (Read 11758 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: So, where was "X" at AmiWest?
« on: December 18, 2011, 01:37:13 AM »
Quote from: jorkany;664848
Talking about Xena, Xorro, and SMP demonstrations on the X1000. Any video footage, pictures or write-ups on demonstrations of "The Power of X"? Did any scientific users take note?

It was clear to me from the beginning that the addition of the XMOS processor on the Nemo motherboard was just something for third party hardware developers to play with.

Where did you get your impression that A-Eon, or Hyperion would be doing any development that would take advantage of the XMOS technology?  I must have missed that announcement.

I agree that the time to develop and release the X1000 system has been unfortunately long, but then no one involved in this project to my knowledge has any previous experience in creating a new motherboard from scratch that is intended only for the Amiga market, so it is not surprising to me that it has taken longer than any of them first expected.

Luckily for those interested in purchasing such a system, the wait is almost over.  If you are really interested in the X1000 project, perhaps you should have purchased one of the beta test systems so you could have provided something constructive to the project.  It is no too late to do so.  You could purchase one of the "First Contact" X1000 systems and begin some productive work for it's ongoing development.

Or, you could continue your attempts to ridicule and embarrass the people who are really interested in this project, even though your comments do nothing but cause further conflict and hinder cooperation and progress.

It is your choice which path you tread.  You can be a positive influence, a negative influence, or you can give up trying to influence in either direction and choose something that really interests you and spend your time and energy there.

There will be plenty of opportunities for you and others to be critical of what the X1000 and XMOS will be in the future when it is available and in use with the general public, but my suggestion is that you find something else to concentrate your energy on that you can be a positive influence on and give up your efforts to cast negative impressions on any projects.  It is a waste of time, energy and bandwidth.

Life is short, make better use of it.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)