Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A couple interesting Mac articles...  (Read 2260 times)

Description:

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
Re: A couple interesting Mac articles...
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:25:46 AM »
Cant disagree on any of the points he puts forward. But he misses  a key one. Corporate NOS works off Microsoft, at the moment. Network domain, group policy, security controls, Certificate management all works out of the box in the corporate world. So the desktop SOE/MOE just works in that microcosm. Add a Mac and you have a management and maintenance exception. Which equals $. A business case that has greatest return will always gain approval over a lesser one. That in my view is why Macs won't get a look in except as an exception or perhaps in smaller green fields sites. Don't get me wrong I've owned a Mac and have supported them before and the are great end user machines but the security controls and monitoring requirements of the corporate world have become so complicated and moved so far ahead. Well most Amigans will understand that conundrum. Catchup is nigh on impossible. Unless the microcosm changes.

Cloud and BYO opens up the opportunity for Mac, IOS and Android to become more prevalent but the move of the corporate NOS microcosm would take years. 2-3 investment lifecycles at least. Or 6-9 years.

That in my view is the reason Mac hasn't broken in. Very little to do with the end user device itself.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:29:17 AM by gertsy »