Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DOpus for Windows  (Read 7965 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymikeTopic starter

• Show all replies
DOpus for Windows
« on: January 30, 2004, 09:30:49 PM »
Has anyone tried it?  Personally I find it a little redundant as explorer is flexible enough already, but I'm wondering, especially after teaching a customer today about file management on Windows, whether it might be a much more convenient solution for Windows newbies.

I decided to take the plunge and let it take over explorer for the meantime.  The FTP capability attracted my attention somewhat :-)

• Show all replies
Re: DOpus for Windows
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 12:31:45 PM »
I have to say, it's grown on me.  It does need some configuring to become palatable.  I've yet to play with file associations using it, but if it's better than Windows file association management, I'm going to like it very much :-)

• Show all replies
Re: DOpus for Windows
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 02:22:13 PM »
One thing I found irritating about the default config was that it didn't replicate the appearance settings that the user has set up already in Windows.

I think I'll reinstall but with the minimal version, as I have no need for the image/audio preview stuff really.

Explorer memory usage is 2MB lower than usual, which is nice.  However Dopus uses ~12MB :-)

Slightly irritating, the draconian contact scheme on their website, so I can't contact them suggesting that they should include simultaneous FTP transfers...