Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore Amiga Mini  (Read 44383 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Commodore Amiga Mini
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 02, 2012, 01:25:02 AM »
To be fair to Maximus I get the feeling his name was just lumped with the reseller because he brought it up on their board. Again the lack of stock on the Mini is probably because the origional case is probably eol. The only reason I can see the slim been still in stock is because the manufacturer is probably still churning them out for other people. Because wasn't Ubuntu gonna start shipping them.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;717125
Ah, then I'm sorry for doubting Maximus.  I thought he was a CUSA drone sent here to try and convince people that the company was still alive with viable products.

Well I thought that at one bit. But looking through their post history here and on the CUSA forums I think they are just an innocent bystander in all this. But I have been wrong before :laughing:

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »
I often wonder what direction they are actually going in. If there is even a driection at all. For all the bluster that we had to endure with the initial news of Commodore USA I now wonder what exactly it is that they are trying to acheive.

Their entire product line has seen so many revisions it makes Apple look conservative with theirs. The OS seems to be like some kind of inside joke, remember when they tried calling it workbench 5?

Their forums are hardly what i would call full. New members seem to be spawning (there is a script for their forum engine that generates fake members) in there yet for every new member that appears there seems to be very little that actually gets said. And what is said seems to be from the same four or five people. Even technical support is been done by non-commodore members because it takes so long for any of them to reply to messages.

Are they dead in the water or are they simply waiting for the next in a series of floggings at the dead horse. But then I realise that it's only CUSA and I should sit back and eat some popcorn.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »
I have sold it, or in the process of selling it. While I do not wish to dwell, it would bring a tear to my eye, it was time for us to part. I am getting the bits together to pimp out a 1200 so needed the funding.

On a side note i worked out it would cost over £1k in vat, shipping and handling fee's to get cases sent from CUSA to the UK.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 02:41:08 PM »
The page still exists for the old products. They simply remove the link. If you look the mio is still there along with the Vic pro.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »
You can buy the ZOTAC D2700-ITX WiFi Supreme for £150 (roughly I have seen it lower though) and the same case for around £50-£70.

--edit

for some reaons I though we were taling about the Amiga Mini case. Didn't notice he said the c64x case.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:49:37 PM by CritAnime »