Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reasons why I don't like emulators - or why xx-UAE is really unusable  (Read 6560 times)

Description:

Offline buzz

• Show all replies
Yeh - would do better to report things to the authors. If they don't know about it they can't change stuff. Almost as bad as cosmos! ;-)

also seems to be a bit of PEBCAK :)

as a linux user, I have found fs-uae to be excellent - and definitely the best uae we have ever had available, and it works very well on my system for development (Although I still prefer cross compiling some stuff). JIT works too (install x86 version if on 64bit)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:28:41 PM by buzz »

Offline buzz

• Show all replies
Re: Reasons why I don't like emulators - or why xx-UAE is really unusable
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:57:19 AM »
doesn't sound like you want any functionality changed / fixed. Sounds like you just want to have a moan. If you want any behaviour/functionality changed, or to get help, you might do better to post on the support forum for fs-uae etc.

considering the massive rant you had about someone else not feeding back bug reports to you, it seems slightly hypocritical!

Offline buzz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »
and to answer some of your questions (in case any have not been answered) - you can probably sort the keyboard mapping out with custom input mapping - http://fs-uae.net/input-mapping - there is a full list of actions. looks pretty simple to me.

all the keyboard shortcuts are listed in the documentation also

http://fs-uae.net/keyboard-shortcuts

not too hard to find out how to release/capture mouse. (F12 + G – Release/capture mouse and keyboard input grab. Clicking the middle moue button will also release input grab.)

with something with as many options as uae, it does make sense that you spend at least 5 mins reading the docs. I'm sure if I emailed you regarding something on vinced and I hadn't read the manual (and it was obviously in there) you would tell me to RTFM!

Offline buzz

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Richter;776370
You got that wrong. But no, I don't have the time to work on it, I've more than enough projects on my todo list, thanks.

you seem to have enough time to go on and on about it here, and yet I see nothing from you on the github issue tracker or support forum.

sorry, what is so complicated about using the keyboard input mapping stuff I linked earlier - have you even tried that? Or you prefer to just continue moaning here ? :)

Offline buzz

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 06:31:02 PM »
Thomas is right and everyone else is wrong - He's way too stubborn / arrogant to admit to anything else - he's also a professional developer and we are all amateurs of course - so what do we know.

He's reporting a problem, except in the wrong place - obviously has no interest in helping the fs-uae developer (even with constructive feedback) - he can't even write on the correct forum. Nor is he able to google for vamos it seems.

I'm just pleased that he is on the other end of a keyboard on a forum, and that I don't have to work with him or something! his questions have been answered - and options given - but he chooses to ignore them (or go on about how they won't work). What more can be done....

fs-uae is an excellent piece of a software - with a friendly dev who goes out his way to implement requested features, write documention, help users and more. The least that could be done would be some polite feedback to him and perhaps actually trying some of the solutions offered by people here.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:38:31 PM by buzz »

Offline buzz

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 01:51:02 AM »
I apologise if I have been overly personal or aggressive. It has been a frustrating thread.

I (amongst others) actually thought Thomas was after a solution - I guess not.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:55:09 AM by buzz »