Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Prometheus  (Read 10628 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: Prometheus
« on: October 17, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »
I loved it. I would put it down as one of my fav movies of all time.

As far as being a sequel/prequel goes it is far superior to the other ones that were made. All they acomplished was to cheapen the franchise. Aliens was pure genius in my opinion but the ones that came after were toilet paper.

I like the idea of having a spirit quest in that they were searching for the meaning of humanity. I thought it was creative and it complemented the overall story of the first 2 movies.

The end sequence with the birth of the first alien queen was the best representation of the alien yet seen (apart from the cafeteria scene in spaceballs).
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:36:26 AM »
Quote from: lassie;716669
I just got this on Blu Ray today, i guess it is time to see it :)

You won't regret it. I loved it. Can't wait for the next one.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 05:12:33 AM »
I think so.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 02:52:15 AM »
Karlos - why do you bother watching movies at all? I bet you could apply that amount of reconstruction to any movie ever made   :razz:

But i don't care as i really liked it  :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 03:27:06 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;717407
I honestly expected better from Ridley Scott.

You mean like Robin Hood? That movie was so boring i couldn't even watch the final 1/3 of it. Same with Gladiator.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 12:59:55 AM »
@Lassie. That is what i thought about Avatar. I never even bothered watching the end. I mean, you take out the 3D and the CGI and what is left over? Absolutely nothing. This is a shame as James Cameron is my favoutite director   :(

@Karlos. Maybe you could provide an example of a sci-fi you approve of? I'm curious to know. Please don't say doctor who.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 01:29:42 AM »
Quote from: lassie;717534
I have Avatar on bluray but only seen 30 min of it, not my thing i must admit.
There are a movie called Pandorum that is quite cool :)
and an old b movie set in space, called Dark side of the moon, that is quite cool too.
And the Abyss also a Cameron movie is good :)

I love Abyss!

Both Pandorum and Dark side of the moon sound good to me. Will watch soon. Pandorum sounds similar to Event Horizon which can only be a good thing :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:47:35 AM »
Quote from: lassie;717536
Yes it is similar to Event Horizon, they are cool both movies :)
Bear in mind that Dark side of the moon is a low budget movie. Do you like those low budget movies?

There is also a movie similar to the Abyss, it is called Deep star six, cool movie too.
And an old horror movie called Death ship, i find quite unique you should see, if you are in too horror, it is similar to Ghost Ship.

Only if they are good. I find low budget tends to be more risky and bold which is what art is supposed to be. Big budget scifi is safe and boring. I lost interest in big budget scifi after watching movies like 2012, ID4 and Star Wars ep1.

On the otherhand irobot is one of my favourite movies of all time. It's a nod to old school scifi which is about science which is better than todays "scifi" epics like Men in Black and Star Wars ep1-6 which is just big dumb fun.

Have you seen Chronicle? It's a lost footage movie which i thought was interesting. Also Apollo 18 was good.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 02:26:27 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;717712
For me, Predator was straight action. That the predator was some alien hunter was the only science fiction element it had. I enjoyed the movie for what it was though, a typical of-the-era action move. And besides, who can forget the classic lines "GET TO THE CHOPPER!" and "If it bleeds... we can kill it." :lol:

Terminator was pretty good too. Remember it was a low budget movie but time travel is always an interesting idea to explore, particularly the idea of a conflict waged between two different timelines. After all, the instant time travel is invented, you basically fork reality and the timeline in which the terminator / protectors appear in 1984 become dissociated from the timeline in which they were sent.

Terminator 2 was again rather more straight action, but was, let's face it, awesome. Terminator 3 was weak and salvation wasn't much better.

The Sarah Connor chronicles, on the other hand, showed a lot of promise. It was a shame Fox, in their infinitesimal wisdom canned it like they do so many shows just as they are getting good.

I disagree about the Sarah conner chronicles. The problem with terminator was that everytime a machine came back in time it cheapened the story. The original was the best and the second was awesome as you say because they introduced something new in the x1000 but with so many terminators it just got silly.

The original terminator was the best but when it turned into a franchise they changed the rules. At the end of T2 they supposedly stopped skynet being invented which was logical and made sense but they broke the rules and now there is no reason 1000000 terminators can't travel back until they succeed. Really dumb story telling.

I'm not a fan of time travel stories in general as there isn't a  standard set of rules of how time travel works so the stories never seem  convincing somehow.

Also i agree that avatar had an interest sub story with Pandora itself being alive and interconnected. The idea of plants being intelligent is really cool. It's a shame about the movie though.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:35:13 AM by Kesa »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 09:32:49 PM »
Quote from: Bamiga2002;717802
Offtopic: why are there ebay links appearing inside posts very often?

EDIT: like that! I didn't put that link there *******it! :angry:

Where? Might be your browser. Advertising add on maybe?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 01:21:38 AM »
Yes vglinks. If it's the one i'm thinking of they add an extension by force onto your browser. Mine wasn't limited to Amiga.org though, it also appeared using google searches.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »
Thanks for putting me onto Pandorum. Awesome movie and one of my favs for 2012. Also i recommend Looper. Very very good.