Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would you buy OS4 or MOS for x86?  (Read 5758 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Would you buy OS4 or MOS for x86?
« on: April 09, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »
Whitelisting various models of Intel Macs as they currently do with PPC Macs would be a nice way of releasing MorphOS for x86.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 10:42:44 AM »
Quote from: Templario;630306
I don't bealive in your words, do you spent 110 euros in MorphOS for x86 when for 90 you have a Windows or the best Linux free? OS4 and Morphos are for PPC or ARM systems, systems much better than x86.

I have no use for Windows but I use Linux, OSX, AROS, BeOS,Haiku and FreeDOS on x86 hardware.

OS4 is a joke compared to MorphOS IMNSHO and neither of them are available for ARM hardware.

“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 10:52:06 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;630395
I'd buy MorphOS and torrent Hyperion OS.

If OS4 was released for x86 but MorphOS wasn't, then I might be tempted to buy a copy if it was cheap enough.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »
I can't think of a single piece of MorphOS software that is both un-maintained and must have.

So PPC emulation is not absolutely necessary as a few endian tweaks to the source and a re-compile would be the most effort needed for most software.