Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: favorite amiga game  (Read 14164 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: favorite amiga game
« on: May 23, 2003, 05:23:31 AM »
Hi,

My favorite Amiga game was Arcticfox by Electronic Arts. It was too bad that they copy protected this game because it only worked with AmigaDos 1.0 and 1.1 which only ran on the Amiga 1000.

Once again I think copy protection killed the Amiga because once it did come out with a hard drive you didn't have anything to put on it because it was all copy protected. So once again  I will say

Thanks a lot Electronic Arts by putting a nail in the coffin of the Amiga by copy protecting your stuff. Why don't you do that on your PC games you bunch of software bandits.

Now enough of my high horsin and hey come on now you all forgot Mega Ball one of the most fun and shocking games on the Amiga. You know competein with your friends for high score, the falling bombs, the music brick that picked up the speed and the score of the game, this game had everything. So my votes go for:

1. Arctic fox
2. Mega BAll
3. Dragon Master
4. Fairy Tale

I won't really vote for Doom and Quake, they were PC games when they first came out. I remember when the programmers of Doom said that the Amiga just didn't have enough power to run doom. This was one of the biggest nails in the coffin of the Amiga.

Smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: favorite amiga game
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 04:16:47 AM »
Hi,

My favorite game was arctic fox by electronic arts, but this soon faded away since commodore went to the operating system 1.2 and electronic farts game would no longer play on the updated os.  I will say it again copy protection killed the Amiga since some programs would not load with os upgrades and certianly copy protected programs could not be run on hard drives.

So to Electronic farts and every other software maker who used copy protection I now salute you with the fickle finger of faith and say I will never buy another one of your games especially if they are for a PC cloner.

smerf
  :-x
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better