Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiKit for Real Amiga Released  (Read 5400 times)

Description:

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: AmiKit for Real Amiga Released
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »
Will there be any issues with the unofficial BB3&4 and installing Amikit?

I ask because you are very careful to say that we need to start with OS3.9 and BB2.
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline RetrofanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Retrofan
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »
I coudn't make BB3 and BB4 to work but under emulation. BB4 didn't work for real. The Support Thread will be for users to improve it, not only to ask. That's the idea.
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »
Good to know on the BB3&4.  I was looking into downloading and installing them.  I'll hold off for now.

TANKZ!:cool:
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 10:56:29 PM »
Also, this is the first Beta. Beta means that it's awaiting for people to try and report, also about possible improvements. In fact there are a couple of small details that I will fix in the next release.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:01:58 PM by Retrofan »
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 11:22:59 PM »
I was thinking (I know, a dangerous thing ;) ) but you mentioned that to install on a real Amiga you should use an emulator to have access to files that other wise would be in use and thus protected.

What if I booted from floppy after opening the .ZIP file into a drawer and then copied over the contents?

Sorry for not putting this on EAB, but they seem to have forgotten who I am...:confused:

WWBD?

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 11:52:21 PM »
I'm talking about things I haven't tried. I guess it should work, but as I said, you seem to have a working OS39 that perhaps has more things installed that it should, to have a "clean" installation. Anyway, are you using a CF as hardrive? It would be easy under emulation to copy the files over it adding your HD to another working system.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:55:36 PM by Retrofan »

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 12:16:32 AM »
no, I'm not. :(  That's is why I ask.  I'm still stuck on the old SCSI drives that came with it.  That being said, I did do a clean install of the OS and only installed the software for the mediator.

If you need me to see if this will cause issues, I'm on it!

If you know this will not work, please let me know!

I haven't really setup my Amiga the way I want it anyway so if it crashes and I have to reinstall, it wouldn't be the end of the world...

WWBD?

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »
Edit: I have to try to fix a problem to unpack the files in an Amiga when you don't use Emulation. Read my post after this, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:14:34 PM by Retrofan »

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 08:45:52 PM »
Retroamigan

Very cool project and thanks for your work and dedication. I have a few questions if you dont mind. I'm very excited to try this out on my a1200 (see sig)

1. Do i have to manually install the 060 libs for my b1260?

2. How much hd space does it require?

3. I have a 3.9 BB2  partition (i boot from another 3.9 partition) that i'd like to install to on my real a1200. Can I just download the amigakit for classic file and use dopus to copy over all the files and just reboot and use Amigakit on my classic machine. (I have uae but the x86 box isnt hooked up atm and i hate uae lol)
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 09:47:50 AM »
Hi:
1) Fitzsteve already made that:
Quote from: fitzsteve;864531
Tested on my A1200T with Blizzard PPC 060 66mhz, Runs super fast :D

Of course I needed to add the 060 Libs, that's all :cool

Well done mate on a great conversion :great

2) It uses around 450 Mb. I've got 700 Mb in my bootable partition.

3) Edit: Sorry but it seems no. Wait till I make something, but it seems there is a problem with extracting the zip file and keeping the atributes of the files. You only can make this if you first unpack the files on your pc (to your pcmcia for example). I will try making another installer to use without emulation with another file lzx and an script:

EDIT:Thomas has helped me making an installation without emulation with a simple script, so you won't have to be using but the partition from where you are booting with OS39 and you only will have to click on an icon. I hope this will be soon ready to download and use it if I get this working.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:39:21 PM by Retrofan »

Offline JohnFante

• Show only replies by JohnFante
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
Quote from: Retrofan;724889
Hi:
3) Edit: Sorry but it seems no. Wait till I fix this, but it seems there is a problem with extracting the zip file and keeping the atributes of the files. You only can make this if you first unpack the files on your pc (to your pcmcia for example). I will fix that with another file lha and an script:

EDIT:Thomas has helped me making an installation without emulation with a simple script, so you won't have to be using but the partition from where you are booting with OS39 and you only will have to click on an icon. I hope this will be soon ready to download and use it if I get this working.

So you would not - on this first release - recommend this procedure??

1. Installing on WinUAE on top of fresh OS3.9 BB2
2. Compressing with winrar
3. Transferring the file to real Amiga (i use both 4.1 and 3.9) and extracting to and empty partition (putting the 060 libs that it needs).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:28:01 AM by JohnFante »
Booooiiiing!!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »
Quote from: JohnFante;725012
So you would not - on this first release - recommend this procedure??

3. Transferring the file to real Amiga (i use both 4.1 and 3.9) and extracting to and empty partition (putting the 060 libs that it needs).

I don't know if you can make it with a rar file. As long as you talk about using WinUAE you can compress the unpacked Amikit installer as LZX and later in the Amiga uncompress it over the other partition with OS39.

I'm trying now using an LZX file and I will make another installer without emulation that will work with just a click and you only will need one partition (with OS39) to boot from. Anyway if you have room on your Pcmcia Cf you can extract in Windows the files there and on the Amiga copy them over your OS39 partition if you have dopus. You can't make this but when you have two partitions, or unprotecting the files if you just have one. My new installer will make all, and it's almost ready.

Anyway extracting the files on Windows takes 10 minutes. On the Amiga it will take much more.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:28:10 PM by Retrofan »

Offline JohnFante

• Show only replies by JohnFante
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »
Quote from: Retrofan;725020
I don't know if you can make it with a rar file. As long as you talk about using WinUAE you can compress the unpacked Amikit installer as LZX and later in the Amiga uncompress it over the other partition with OS39.

I'm trying now using an LZX file and I will make another installer without emulation that will work with just a click and you only will need one partition (with OS39) to boot from. Anyway if you have room on your Pcmcia Cf you can extract in Windows the files there and on the Amiga copy them over your OS39 partition if you have dopus. You can't make this but when you have two partitions, or unprotecting the files if you just have one. My new installer will make all, and it's almost ready.

Anyway extracting the files on Windows takes 10 minutes. On the Amiga it will take much more.

I copied the archive over a OS3.9 install and checked it in WinUAE. Closed down. Compressed as a zip file with WINRAR. Copied the files over to my 4000D, CSPPC, Mediator with Radeon 9250, SB128 and ethernet (I only have SCSI-HD's).

Extracted on OS4.1 to the relevant partition. Copied 68040 and 68060 librarys and changed the EMERGENCY_CD file in DEVS/DOS-drivers to my SCSI-CDROM.

Booted fine and without any problems :-)

However! I can not get my Radeon working.

I have copied all the relevant Mediator files and installed Picasso (latest version) but when I boot I get a "Picasso96:Could not open rtg.library" error.

As far as I can see everything is as it should be compared to my normal OS3.9 install where it works fine. Just to be sure I updated rtg.library to the latest version also.

Anybody else have this problems/suggestions?

I am also posting this at the official support thread to keep things together.

And thank you Retrofan  :-)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:53:34 AM by JohnFante »
Booooiiiing!!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 09:03:34 PM »
You know I can't give support for graphic boards or so different configurations, you should be glad with what you've got here.

As you know and people should know now I've got another installer that you will be able to use without emulation, but still it has to be aproved and uploaded, with some small fixes to the first release. For this new installer you only will need a working OS3.9 (better BB2) and to download and unpack in Windows my "kit" to your Cf pcmcia, and then just boot your miggy and click on the "Install" icon on the pcmcia kit (thanks a lot Thomas).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:08:16 PM by Retrofan »

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »
v0.2 beta Released.

http://real.amiga.sk/

- Installation method changed so Windows is no more required to install AmiKit!

- New icon.library 46.4.279 by Peter Keunecke. Icons load 15%-20% faster!

- Changed WB2000 preferences (WookieChat opens right now)

- Changed WB prefs (memory in other memory instead of graphic memory)

- Changed SongPlayer prefs

- Fixed Def icon (def_disk.info) so now you can open all the devices correctly

And.... we've added a voice for MorpheuZ :)

Basically both the update or the new installer have an Install script icon (thanks Thomas for your help), so you just have to click on it once running your already installed AmiKit Real or for the new installer an OS3.9 (read the instructions).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:33:43 PM by Retrofan »

« Reply #29 from previous page: May 09, 2013, 02:28:02 AM »
Have you ever thought about updating your real Amiga online, just like your PC?

Now switch on your Amiga and just connect it to internet... :angryfire: