Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndicate  (Read 1984 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Syndicate
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 15, 2003, 08:16:30 PM »
This was the first game I bought, back in 1993 IIRC.

I played this game obsessively. I now know just about every behavioural foible of the game and occasionaly play it today just to see how quickly I can complete it.

Yet, it never gets tiring :-)
int p; // A

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2003, 09:23:20 PM »
Yeah, I always had problems with Bullfrog games too,  I can't get Theme Park to install no matter what I do, so I've given up....

Just why did Bullfrog have to be different and supply flashy installers like that?
Cecilia for President

Offline alx

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2003, 09:28:11 PM »
I can't get Theme Park to install no matter what I do, so I've given up....

Same here :-(

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2003, 09:29:45 PM »
Try installing with your accelerator card disabled (or removed if all else fails). Worked for syndicate on my system...
int p; // A

Offline Revener

• Show only replies by Revener
    • http://www.banished.nu
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2003, 10:30:01 PM »
I too have the problem with the invalidated HD.

The Sniper Rifle sucks, it has to low damage against other cyborgs.
And to clear atlantis you need lots of gauss guns, and save one shot for that last wacky guy in the house at the end. Also you'll need at lest one flame thrower, stand behind a corner with and just wait for the enemies to run into your lovley little flames :-)
Fill out the rest of the weapons slots with miniguns.
Also you could also have energushield on all chars and work with them one at a time. If you just manages to get thru the initial onslaught you shold be able too handle the rest, but you will run very llow on ammo no matter what you do.

btw I always liked the shotgun up close and the lazer is an awsome sniper rifle ;-) altough you could just snipe them with the gauss gun :-)

whooa my biggest post this year  :-)
If you have ghosts you have everything

Roky rulz!!!

Offline benJamin

• Show only replies by benJamin
    • http://cms.jaminjay.com/
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2003, 10:51:25 PM »
Lovely game.

How about a few tricks?

4 x Shields + Persuedatron(?Spelling) = Money, especially on "Eliminate agents".

4 x Shields for any thievery.

Flame-thrower is fun for ambush, especially when you have three snipers to protect.

I have to turn off my accellerator card in order to complete that level where the scientist has military gaurd.  (The guards seem to kill her every time on an 030...).

Run DeliTracker and leave it playing before running the game (current song will play(ish)).

Having a fair spread of most weapons across the team seems not only logical, but works.  A medic is useful, as is someone with ID.

Never forget how many soldiers you can have set up ready.

Time runs faster in the game, so if you complete a mission too-quickly, maybe go get something to eat before pressing space (minimise research funding, and you need a break every now-and-again, anyway).

Probably lots I've forgotten, and noone needs to repeat the cheats(?Google).

benJamin
Amiga.org - The site for MiniMig support and news.
blakemilesmusic.com

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2003, 10:59:47 PM »
The atlantic accelerator is a cakewalk.

Take 4 fully v3 cyborgs. Equip each with 4 energy sheilds, 2 gauss guns and 2 flamers.

When the level starts, immediately go into team mode, activate the sheilds and turn the drug bars (adrenaline, perception etc) to minimum.

Go out of team mode and move agens 2-4 a few paces away from agent 1.

The enemy ai is predictable in that they *always* go for youre least armed agent first or if all are euqally armed in numerically ascending order.

The trick here is that you can use the flamer which never injures an enemy it always kills them outright.

Simply stand there whilst several waves of bad guys pile onto your position. Eventually theyre all stood right on top of agent 1 and stop firing and there will be relative calm.

Take agent 2, activate a flamer and simple roast the spot where agent 1 stands. About 20 burning enemy agents will erupt from his position.

Leave agent 1 where he is. All the active enemy agents will still be trying to reach him but can't navigate properly so end up goin in circles. They'll ignore your other guys.

Take agents 2-4 and put them on corners where the active agents are always running past and toast them with the flamer. Eventually you'll kill them all and they won't even fire a shot at you.

There are 2 agents running around inside buildings. You can stand in the doorway and flame them.

Use your guass guns on the tower guys, making sure you do so from a big enough distance that they don't see you.

Et voila. Mission Completed :-)

Also, the long range rocks. 4 v3 cbyorgs with 8 long range rifles a piece in team mode (with panic mode enabled) are more than a match for any enemy cyborg. I use that trick regular. There's nothing like that rapid tattoo of gunfire it produces :-)

int p; // A

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2003, 11:56:46 PM »
Don't know if I'm the first to mention this, but here goes:

When prompted for a company name, type "Marks Team".  You should now have a full compliment of weapons, mods etc and a truckload of dough.

However, despite all the harware I still couldn't get past level two or three where you had to find and assimilate the two enemy scientists.....
:-D
Cecilia for President

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2003, 02:17:27 AM »
Strange Syndicate tip #1132 :-)

Another interesting way to play is not to develop any heavy weaponry (esp minigun). Invest soley in body upgrades and light / assault weaponary.

Why?

Well, if you do not have the minigun developed, the opposition agents never develop it either (which is a bit strange, but I guess it was meant to prevent the game becoming totally impossible).

However, you can steal miniguns by repeadedly failing missions against military targets - kill the person youre meant to persuade for example- making sure you have picked up all the big guns the dead soldiers have dropped.

Keep a stash of persuaded agents in your cryo chamber purely to store all these weapons. Then go and enjoy some total weapon superiority :-)
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2003, 02:21:23 AM »
Strange Syndicate tip...

Another fun thing is to take advantage of gaps in the enemy AI.

Take 2 agents into any combat sweep mission, making the numerically lowest numbered agent the least equipped also.

Put him somewere unreachable from the enemy (sometimes on an upper level is good and the active enemy guys will converge on the point below him).

Take your second agent on an unhampered killing spree. As long as your first agent is alive and well, the enemy agents will totally ignore your second guy until he attacks them. If he uses a weapon like the flamer there is no chance they'll be able to retaliate either :-)
int p; // A