Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: All the smart guys left  (Read 6231 times)

Description:

Offline djrikki

• Show all replies
Re: All the smart guys left
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »
I have netbook with Windows 8 installed, no metro applications will even work because the low resolution is not even supported!  Ha holy crap!  Also very very very annoying to use with a touchpad as you can keep setting off the invisible right-hand sidebar thingy everytime you need to use the scroll bar.

I didn't know I could press the Windows start (I knew that part) and just start typing away the name of the application I want to run... that is pretty cool, shame installing it never told me that!  Overall W8 is just W7 with a touch-screen interface provided, for me its not of any interest as I don't plan on ever buying a desktop PC because I only use this netbook to test websites work in versions of IE- another story altogether.

Yes I can see W8 being a complete flop at first, but ppl will soon succumb to it.  And yes that Vendor/OEM relationship sucks bigtime.  Perhaps one day the OEM's will turn around and say f you- our customers want X instead of Y.

I don't really get the point of touch screen desktops, its just another form of repetitive strain injury.  How can anyone use one over an extended time is beyond me!