Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1200 Flash is here!  (Read 4773 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

A1200 Flash is here!
« on: November 29, 2020, 09:20:31 PM »
A1200 Flash Expansion is here!
www.amigakit.com/a1200flash

AmigaKit Ltd is pleased to announce our new A1200 user writable flash eaxpansion card with Fast Memory and 40Mhz FPU option.

Flashing is easy
No more burning ROMs, custom ROM images are now possible and easily put together with the powerful software.  Flash the card and the software is available instantly as soon as you power on your Amiga 1200!

Load Configurations Fast
 Configurations can then be easily and quickly selected by holding down F1 during reset and selecting the image from our custom Early Boot Menu.

Low Cost- High Quality
We work hard to produce new and innovative hiqh quality products at great prices.

The card has other great features such as Real Time Clock option and second clockport.

Features:
  8MB 32-bit Fast RAM to boost total system memory to 10MB
  4MB NAND Flash - writeable to make software available on boot
  Flash Configuration Tool included (requires MUI to be installed)
Memory auto configures with no drivers required
Second clockport header to give computer more expandability
Floating Point Unit socket accepting optional 68882 PLCC FPU up to 40Mhz
  Memory can be configured to 4MB, 5.5MB or 8MB Fast RAM using on-board jumpers or early boot menu.
PCMCIA compatible in 4MB or 5.5MB mode**
Header for optional Real Time Clock module: available installed at special price
New version 2.0 (November 2020)

We are pleased to bring this high quality product to the community at our low prices.

Product Links:

UK
USA
Europe
Canada
Australia
New Zealand

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 10:02:07 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Re: A1200 Flash is here!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 09:40:30 PM »
Cool product! Okay, goofy question....  after programming in ROM images, can the physical ROMs be removed from the motherboard? The reason I ask is that it might make it easier to fit an Elbox FastATA under the keyboard (which has always been a real tight squeeze). Which begs the question, has this been tested with a FastATA? The FPU option is a nice touch! Good work AmigaKit!   :)
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »

A new user review of the card and it's features:

https://youtu.be/1wvp6LRao-0

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 01:36:16 PM »
Interesting video. He seems to struggle a bit with 'the expansion card' doesn't really have a name.

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 01:03:55 PM »
@amigakit
i finally got enough time to experiment more after the initial short test a while ago, e.g. with third party software.

it appears the NVRam module is nowhere to be found, not in flash, or the software install 'disk'.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 02:13:08 PM by TribbleSmasher »

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 04:15:39 PM »
Just to make it clear: i've read the manual. but nothing makes sense.
it says once the (new?) nv library is called, a NVRam file is created. thats just not true. as most Aos systems from 3.1 have the nv library either in Rom or on hd and probably every program will open it up  with requirement V0 or V40, i don't see how any ever would open the V46 resident library?
I can check my version right after boot on a 3.1.4 Rom, and it says 40.36. So  how can there be a v46 resident?

The config program also fails to let me add stuff to a new config;
i can add an adf in the contens tab to the flash, but the 'flash contents' on the configurations page doesn't even show all what is on the Contents page, so i cannot add it to any config.
its quite useless in this state.

On a side note: it would be nice to be able to change the bootsplash image, to provide a different one related to the config that is booted.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 04:33:54 PM by TribbleSmasher »

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 08:07:05 PM »
If anyone can just drop me an empty nvram module here would be nice. I guess it's not just an empty file, none of the other modules is that simple.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 02:57:25 PM »
The best option is to contact our support email directly for files and help.

Thank you.