Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How long is reasonable to wait for AmigaKit to so much as acknowledge a customer  (Read 6578 times)

Description:

Offline escTopic starter

It's been several weeks since I've ordered some very basic items and AmigaKit still lists the status as "Pending" (not even "Being Picked" or whatever the next step is).

I've sent an email to them asking for a status update and haven't heard anything back...this was several days ago.

I refuse to believe someone can't respond to a measly email to give a status update. Two weeks without even acknowledging a purchase is completely unreasonable behavior for a vendor. I've submitted a dispute to PayPal.

Now, I understand AmigaKit probably isn't the true 24/7 job of the people doing the work there, but this is unacceptable. I'm curious if other people have had similar experiences and what you've done?

Offline escTopic starter

Thanks amigakit - not trying to throw shade here, it just wasn't clear to me how to follow up on my order and yes, I _did_ send to sales@ because the "Customer Support" hyperlink on the website routes people to a "Conditions of Use" page and simply defaulted to using what I found in the "Contact Info" section in the site's footer. Perhaps the link to email support@ could be made more clear?

It's also frankly a bit strange that I emailed sales@ which is advertised on the website and nobody responded or rerouted nor do you seem to have any indication that I've emailed. Do people check that email address at all? :P

In any case, condolences on the sheltering in place, I think some sort of proactive communication about orders being temporarily delayed is warranted, maybe a banner on the site so people don't get frustrated wondering where their money went.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:33:08 PM by esc »

Offline escTopic starter

February 23rd I ordered eight items. After my original rant here (and trying to email AmigaKit) I finally received an update that status of my order had been moved to "Being Picked." This occurred on March 12, the day following AmigaKit's reply to this thread.

On March 12, two items were listed as Allocated, two as Being Assembled (which are both basic SCSI cables and I'm puzzled what assembly is actually required), and the remaining four items are still "Pending."

I've been beyond patient; this is unacceptable. How is AmigaKit still in business? No other business would survive behaving this way. At a bare minimum an email with status should be expected. I've flagged to PayPal.

At the end of the day I'd really like to support an Amiga business and would still like to receive these items but I don't trust AmigaKit. So that email response to me here was clearly a bunch of hot air. Or maybe you guys just need to get your business in order. This is crazy.

Offline escTopic starter

Please explain to me how any of the following items are manufactured in house and require over a month and half to cobble together:

SCSI cable
Floppy cable
Voodoo exhaust fan
IDE Cable
EasyNet PCI card