Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How long is reasonable to wait for AmigaKit to so much as acknowledge a customer  (Read 6365 times)

Description:

Offline escTopic starter

It's been several weeks since I've ordered some very basic items and AmigaKit still lists the status as "Pending" (not even "Being Picked" or whatever the next step is).

I've sent an email to them asking for a status update and haven't heard anything back...this was several days ago.

I refuse to believe someone can't respond to a measly email to give a status update. Two weeks without even acknowledging a purchase is completely unreasonable behavior for a vendor. I've submitted a dispute to PayPal.

Now, I understand AmigaKit probably isn't the true 24/7 job of the people doing the work there, but this is unacceptable. I'm curious if other people have had similar experiences and what you've done?

Offline kolla

They are just superbusy trademarking whatever, squatting domains, whack-a-moling (!) site certificates, putting their trademark stamps and stickers on all possible pcb they can find... you know, fighting off competition and protecting their business... no time for customers :)
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline amigakit

@esc

Apologies for the delay.  We have had staff self-isolating in late February and we are catching up with the backlog.

I have checked our Support mailbox and cannot find any email from you: did you inadvertently send an email somewhere else such as Sales instead?

Please send an email to Support: http://www.amigakit.com/support and we can give you an update.

We work full time in the Amiga community and serve hundreds of customers every week. In this niche market we manufacture and assemble hundreds of items in house to serve the orders that come through our webstore.

@kolla

We are fast approaching two decades serving the Amiga community exclusively.  We are always working hard to protect and improve the business for the benefit of our long-standing customer base. 

The vast majority PCB designs we stock are original designs commissioned by Amiga Kit.  The hardware and software developers who work for us are paid for their efforts.  The revenue we get from the Amiga community in sales is reinvested back into our community and products.

I am bemused what domains you think we are squatting on?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:15:01 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja

Offline escTopic starter

Thanks amigakit - not trying to throw shade here, it just wasn't clear to me how to follow up on my order and yes, I _did_ send to sales@ because the "Customer Support" hyperlink on the website routes people to a "Conditions of Use" page and simply defaulted to using what I found in the "Contact Info" section in the site's footer. Perhaps the link to email support@ could be made more clear?

It's also frankly a bit strange that I emailed sales@ which is advertised on the website and nobody responded or rerouted nor do you seem to have any indication that I've emailed. Do people check that email address at all? :P

In any case, condolences on the sheltering in place, I think some sort of proactive communication about orders being temporarily delayed is warranted, maybe a banner on the site so people don't get frustrated wondering where their money went.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:33:08 PM by esc »

Offline number6

I am bemused what domains you think we are squatting on?

Wild guess. Kolla might be referring to:
http://www.amigatechnology.com/

Source topic

If his definition of squatting refers more to "not fully developed for use", then he might also be referring to:
http://www.amibench.net/view.php?desc=0

If you have been promoting usage of the above, then pardon me. I haven't seen it.

@kolla
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline amigakit

@number6

Amibench has not been promoted yet- we are still tweaking the format to improve it for the benefit of the community.  We prefer to make an announcement when all functionality is up and running to our satisfaction.

The word "squatting" suggests encampment on a website that we do not own.  We came to an agreement and purchased Amibench from the original owner so this is certainly not the case.   This is the no different to any other websites that are owned by AmigaKit Ltd.

Offline kolla

I wasn’t thinking of that one, I was thinking of numerous amigastore.~(eu) with broken self digned certificates, blank pages and whatnot - and of course there is amigapassion.com

On a positive note though - glad to see that the amiga checkmark/tick isn’t polluted with trademark and/or copyright signs.
---
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV

Offline kolla

@number6
The word "squatting" suggests encampment on a website that we do not own.

Like you did with amigapassion.com to lure potential customers away from amigapassion.co.uk? And now it’s just an empy shell and amigapassion didn’t care to play that game and just changed their name to retropassion.co.uk instead, you mean that kind of thing? Yes, that is clearly hostile domain squatting.

But the domain squatting term is generally used on anyone who register tons of domains without making any good use of them, other than preventing others from registering them. Well, that didn’t work so well, amigastore.eu came around... so maybe "amigastore" isn’t so protected after all.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 11:14:21 PM by kolla »
---
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV

Offline amigakit

@kolla

As a U.K. company, we have been continuously and wholly operating in this market for nearly two decades as Amiga Kit Amiga Store.  If you take our ownership of AMIGA.org into account, that extends our operating time to approaching three decades.

We have certain protections for the business we have worked extermely hard to build up and maintain over this extraordinary level of time.  Our reputation and goodwill was hard earned after serving tens of thousands of customers, attending and sponsoring shows and events over the world.  We have seen many competitors come and go during this long time.  We have made many friends across the community.

Therefore when a brand new entity pops up and establishes a U.K. limited company with a similar name, this can conflict with our identity that is firmly established.

We were satisfied that an agreement was reached with the incumbent company when a name change was made which suited their business model in a better way.  So all parties reached mutual resolution.

Offline kolla

Similar name? Are you joking?
Most users mix up amigakit and amikit all the time and you do nothing.
AmigaStore.eu shows and you do what? Gritting teeth I’m sure.
Amigapassion.co.uk shows up and you just have to register amigapassion.com - amigapassion is too similar to amigakit and amigastore? Is it so that you take claims to any use of the word "amiga" in the UK? If so, that is nuts. As in lunaticy, crazy, paranoia.

You talk about reputation, but AmigaKit’s reputation is dwindling away fast because of your very own actions.

And you now pretend to have "operated" amiga.org for three decades? That claim isn’t even funny, it’s tragic.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 04:30:59 PM by kolla »
---
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV

Offline amigakit

@kolla

Let me clarify: AMIGA.org has been operating for nearly three decades.  It has provided the oldest continuous web services out there even predating amiga.com. 

We are the current custodians keeping the site operating along with its other services such as the Wiki and Amiga Developer Team.  Hopefully to the ongoing benefit of the community who share our passion for this platform.

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
What is clear to me. Anyone can do what they want in the Amiga community, unless it is Amigakit. This is FACT, everything turns into a witch hunt.

So Amigkit has domain, amigastore since early 2k. asb register amigastore.eu. Thats OK. As long as its not Amigakit.
Amigapassion does exactly what Amigakit was being accuesed of and its OK. As long as its not Amigakit.
Amikit has registered trademarks and domain, thats OK. As long as its not Amigakit.

Im sencing a pattern here. Same old same old. Ever since I started at Amigakit (12+ years), its always been the same attitude, thats OK aslong as its not Amigakit.

Similar name? Are you joking?
Most users mix up amigakit and amikit all the time and you do nothing.
AmigaStore.eu shows and you do what? Gritting teeth I’m sure.
Amigapassion.co.uk shows up and you just have to register amigapassion.com - amigapassion is too similar to amigakit and amigastore? Is it so that you take claims to any use of the word "amiga" in the UK? If so, that is nuts. As in lunaticy, crazy, paranoia.

You talk about reputation, but AmigaKit’s reputation is dwindling away fast because of your very own actions.

And you now pretend to have "operated" amiga.org for three decades? That claim isn’t even funny, it’s tragic.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 02:03:26 PM by F0LLETT »
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline kolla

So Amigkit has domain, amigastore since early 2k. asb register amigastore.eu. Thats OK.

Apparently.

Amigapassion does exactly what Amigakit was being accuesed of and its OK.

I don't see AmigaPassion doing anything special, they just registered AmigaPassion.co.uk - a name not related to amigastore or amigakit in any way, aside from starting with "amiga" and being located in UK.

The strange thing here is AmigaKit doing a hostile squatting of AmigaPassion.com, yet letting amigastore.eu pass.

What is it with that? Special treatmernts for UK?

Amikit has registered trademarks and domain, thats OK. As long as its not Amigakit.

Amikit didn't go on a trademark spree like only AmigaKit has done

What are your plans for non-amigakit products that have for example A1200 in their names, like the Bitfrost A1200, like A1200.net cases... ah yes, A1200.net cases... we saw how that went down. So what's the point of registering all these trademarks? It seems silly and clearly you are not defending any of them, just a waste of time and money.
---
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV

Offline escTopic starter

February 23rd I ordered eight items. After my original rant here (and trying to email AmigaKit) I finally received an update that status of my order had been moved to "Being Picked." This occurred on March 12, the day following AmigaKit's reply to this thread.

On March 12, two items were listed as Allocated, two as Being Assembled (which are both basic SCSI cables and I'm puzzled what assembly is actually required), and the remaining four items are still "Pending."

I've been beyond patient; this is unacceptable. How is AmigaKit still in business? No other business would survive behaving this way. At a bare minimum an email with status should be expected. I've flagged to PayPal.

At the end of the day I'd really like to support an Amiga business and would still like to receive these items but I don't trust AmigaKit. So that email response to me here was clearly a bunch of hot air. Or maybe you guys just need to get your business in order. This is crazy.

Offline TribbleSmasher

If you didn't wait three months after payment for the delivery without any notification you are good and have nothing to complain about.😉