Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Hyperion and Cloanto allegedly close to finalizing settlement"  (Read 39785 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: "Hyperion and Cloanto allegedly close to finalizing settlement"
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 25, 2020, 09:11:31 AM »
at the end most of the forks were dead soon after being created...

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »
you are very uniquesided... despite claiming not to have interests or get money...

it is not only about having not a cpmpetitive product, Hyperion also sold license for kickstarts to iComp

from Cloantos business view they are doing what Hyperion is not allowed to, they were only allowed to develop 4.X based on 3.X sources

Hyperion obviously interprets this very differently and that is the reason for the lawsuit

who is right from a legal point will be decided before court. You often sound like a speechman and clerk from hyperion

BTW I cannot judge too who is right there (regarding the contract)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:52:11 AM by OlafS3 »

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2020, 10:59:28 AM »
I do not think Cloanto is for charity

Both obviously want to earn from the amiga market (what some call classic) and interpret a contract to their favor

Business against business

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2020, 09:37:51 AM »
he is investing money

he bought AmigaInc. He now pays for the lawsuit. So it is fair to assume that Cloanto has some idea how to earn money when won. How exactly this will be and what will be free of charge (open source) we will see

I mean that not negative, it is fair for a company to earn money even in a small market like we current have

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2020, 09:39:13 AM »
and the business model of Hyperion is anyhow better?

It relies on people working for free giving them products they can sell expensive

The perfect business model  ;)

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2020, 09:09:07 PM »
you guys seem still want to proof that your side is good side and the other the bad side...

Both parties certainly have a idea how they want to earn money

Hyperion obviously by finding people working for zero and nothing offering them products on the silver blade they can sell expensive

The perfect trader principe, buy cheap sell expensive or in this case get something for free and sell expensive. Perfect business as long there are people willing to work for nothing. It more sounds like a trader than a tech company. Hardly a concept with future.

Cloanto otherwise has not much told about the way they want to make money if they win. They own kickststarts and amiga trademark then so perhaps they earn money by licensing both. But that is speculation. In any case... BOTH are commercial entities and the lawsuit is about money. So stop this discussion who are the good and who are the bad guys. It is simply nonsense

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2020, 11:45:29 AM »
and what invests Hyperion?

If you think so there is not much difference

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2020, 01:20:31 PM »
yes

what else?

that was all I heared in years

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2020, 02:31:15 PM »
in a perfect world Hyperion and Cloanto would have negotiated in the background and agreed to a kind of contract but obviously the differences are too big. And you are now understandable not happy that your work comes in this legal mess. But it is how it is. Hopefully the current situation changes in future. If the results will be like you want them has to be seen.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2020, 08:05:11 AM »
now I am confused

I thought you are working for free now

???

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2020, 07:30:22 PM »
what hardware producer will cooperate with hyperion (one man company, two?) to make new hardware for classic market?