Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Hyperion and Cloanto allegedly close to finalizing settlement"  (Read 35937 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigD

@Thomas Richter

Is it for the love of the purity of the code? Doesn't Cypher talk about that in The Matrix? When you start wholeheartedly supporting shady lawyers masquerading as a software developer for free your in the realms of politically championing a cause rather than traditional employment! While I admire the coding skills I think the whole Hyperion business model is a mess! Do they give you a bottle if wine at Christmas or just free legal representation?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:19:43 AM by BozzerBigD »
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: "Hyperion and Cloanto allegedly close to finalizing settlement"
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 09:41:28 AM »
@Thomas Richter

Not really sure why you've become this public mouthpiece for Hyperion's Classic Development team to be honest. You've taken on a lot and if you enjoy coding and cleaning up bugs in AmigaOS then good for you. I wouldn't feel the need to engage with the community on your work beyond developer updates otherwise the whole court case situation and Hyperion's complete lack of communication with their customers / the community will sadly make you their scapegoat. Thanks for your efforts and I hope Hyperion don't eventually spit you out like they did Steven Solie which I deem a possibility despite you working for free.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 01:25:28 AM »
@Minuous

Good glad to hear it, now it would be great if we didn't hear anything about it until it is done and ready to release preferably after the court settlement. Otherwise, the developers again run the risk of being perceived as mouth pieces of Hyperion. They are a company that didn't even have decency to follow through and organise an interview with Stephen Jones to readdress the balance and give their own customers the chance to ask some questions! However, they have no problem sending their secret coding weapon Thomas Richter onto the forums to "take one for the team" every single day of his life while they fritter away his hard won profits on legal shenanigans!  :o 

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 10:14:07 AM »
@utri007

What else is he doing if not promoting a Hyperion product and providing customer service that they have no intention of providing? How is it going? Is good will towards the endeavour increasing or decreasing? They ARE using him whether he cares or not and on the outside looking in I think he deserves better. In reality he's not going to get it especially on the forums pretending he can be above all the politics and the Amiga entities ripping themselves apart!