Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Hyperion and Cloanto allegedly close to finalizing settlement"  (Read 40397 times)

Description:

Offline Kremlar

• Show all replies
Sell? Market? How do you know?
Because I know the sales numbers of 3.1.4, and yes, there is some money in it. Not big one, but more than nothing.

What if Cloanto is not doing it for money?
Exccuse me, are you a bit naive? Why would anyone pay lawers and go to court and sue its competitor in multiple cases if this anyone does not assume to get his money back, at some point? If Cloanto isn't for money, why not just let Hyperion sell whatever they want to sell, and be good with it? As there is no business in your assumption, it couldn't harm Cloanto.

Cloanto sees its market damaged, that's why. Plain and simple, because they cannot come up with a competative product, they go to court.

Is it naive to believe you worked on 3.1.4 for "free" as well?

Offline Kremlar

• Show all replies
Re: "Hyperion and Cloanto allegedly close to finalizing settlement"
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 03:48:04 AM »
What do you want to imply? That I'm lying? Thank you so much. It's probably not enough having worked on 3.1.4 without payment (not alone, of course), and having provided freeware over the last 20 years or so, also without payment. What else do you need? Do I need to open up my bank account to prove it? Which type of conspiracy theory comes next?

I'm implying that perhaps you should not assume primary motivation.  I don't know Mike Battalina well, but I did speak with him some at a convention a couple years back.  His motivation was clear to me, and it was not money.

Offline Kremlar

• Show all replies
Re: "Hyperion and Cloanto allegedly close to finalizing settlement"
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 10:31:18 AM »
What do you want to imply? That I'm lying? Thank you so much. It's probably not enough having worked on 3.1.4 without payment (not alone, of course), and having provided freeware over the last 20 years or so, also without payment. What else do you need? Do I need to open up my bank account to prove it? Which type of conspiracy theory comes next?

I'm implying that perhaps you should not assume primary motivation.  I don't know Mike Battalina well, but I did speak with him some at a convention a couple years back.  His motivation was clear to me, and it was not money.

Companies are made to make money. Sweet talk does not change that.

He had his company focused on making money licensing Commodore's IP since even before Hyperion ever existed.

And he is still selling the same repackaged stuff to this very day, instead of giving it away for free.

Talk is cheap.

His motivation is to make money and you are just another one that felt into his PR stunt.

LOL, someone is a bit jaded. 

So, work for something you love and your motives are pure.  Incorporate and track income and expenses for tax purposes and you are in it just for the money.

Everyone wants to make money, but people put time and effort into things for different reasons - whether they profit from it or not.