Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shapeshifter. Best mac os for 030?  (Read 39538 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Shapeshifter. Best mac os for 030?
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »
Quote from: Crumb;609495
I used to play Duke Nukem 3D, Dark forces, Comanche, WarcraftII and others in my A1200 with Falcon040/25. I have to say that OS7.x has always felt way faster than 8.x even installed in a scsi partition. I wouldn't use 8.x in my miggies again. OS8.x is quite useless and for a few apps and games OS7.x is more than enough.

I tried different 1MB rom images (650 and 900 IIRC) and it didn't make any difference.

With a graphic card Fusion3.x usually feels smoother even if you use Shapeshifter TurboEVD/MMU drivers. Fusion3.x allows using MMU for virtual memory on OS8.x IIRC. You should use Fusion 3.2 version iif you own a gfx card or Shapeshifter3.11 if you use ECS/AGA.

If you don't have an MMU there are some drivers called "AgaBoost", these had small gfx glitches but on a friend's a1200+fastram were fine to load Prince of Persia.

PS: Savage driver was the best for 030 AGA IIRC

Thanks for pre-answering MOST of the questions I had! :D

Just one more, how good is Basiillisk II on 68k Amigas?  Any pro and cons for or against it over Fusion or Shapeshifter?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:11:30 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;609504
Thanks for pre-answering MOST of the questions I had! :D

Just one more, how good is Basiillisk II on 68k Amigas?  Any pro and cons for or against it over Fusion or Shapeshifter?

Anyone?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 01:01:38 AM »
Quote from: thebilgerat;618321
ok, so i finally got the happy mac face to come up, but loading the 7.6.1 os file posted takes minutes upon minutes of hard drive spinning action.  Is there something i can do to improve performance?

Code: [Select]
makedir ram:shapeshifter
copy work:shapeshifter/#? Ram:shapeshifter/

;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 01:02:11 AM »
Quote from: matthey;610975
I couldn't get Basilisk to work and I'm an advanced Amiga user. I think Shapeshifter is the best 68k emulation. Fusion works well and has some advantages (file transfer is easier) but it also has more bugs and quirks. Fusion might be a little faster for low end Amigas but the speed is pretty similar on high end Amigas.

Thanks! :)