Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: iPad 2  (Read 26197 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: iPad 2
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 06, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »
Quote from: adz;620065
iPad 2 Review...

Nice... for once I like a portable device, handy for folk like me with really big fingers but it may struggle a wee bit with my Scottish accent... :)

(wonder what size batteries it takes... :))

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;620596
Dentunes i looked at your links earlier and i thought it was really cool being able to hook up your ipad up to a synth. It reminds me of when i was young and there were programs you could use that turned your Amiga keyboard into a synth. Really, really cool :)

What do you mean were, there still is and you still can... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »
Quote from: vidarh;621113
Personally, I don't care. I don't care if the result is because the artist is good or because he/she is good at picking tools that mask their weaknesses. What I care about is the end product. If the end product sounds good, then I'll listen.

If the whole thing was composed and arranged by an artificial intelligence, and all the artist did was press a button, then so be it.

All this does is *change* the skills and talent that is required to make works that stand out.

Then again, most of the music I like the most is largely electronic...

Gawd... what a sad & crazy statement to make... :(

How on earth could you class someone as an Artist if all they did "was press a button"... :(

What "skills and talent" does it take to carry out this monumental task of pressing a button in order to become an Artist... :(

Oh look, I just pressed the button for me front door bell and it's playing a wee tune, wow I must be an Artist... :D

Without going into my likes & dislikes of what I call music and artists, a simple fact remains if an Artist or Band cant play well live then they are indeed talentless... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
Quote from: dentunes;621120
For a thread that started talking about an iPad it really has branched out into many different discussions from iTunes to guitar effects processors.

Love it!

Talking about anything other than the iPad can only be a good thing, after all this is an Amiga forum and the iPad has about as much relevance here as all the other off topic stuff going on... :D

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 11:54:44 AM »
@ vidarth

You don't have to be able to see (ie:you could be blind) to enjoy a good live band, yes it's about the music whether it's carefully crafted and produced in a studio or played well live on stage, if your at a live concert and just staring at the band then your not really enjoying the musical performance... :)

At a live show you should hardly notice the actual band on stage as you should be lost in a world of dance and listening to the music... :)

Yes most of these talentless wonder these days don't write their own music or lyrics or even have the skill to play an instrument, but even the biggest bands ever in the world (for example the Rolling Stones) never wrote all their own music, success for bands such as them was mostly down to the lead singers vocal talents and the band members ability and skill to play their own instruments... :)

Trouble is since the days of Stock, Aitken and Waterman, music (and I use that term loosely) has been manufactured to make as much money as possible by taking mostly talentless wonders to create a glossy image that is bought by a public who wouldn't know or appreciate good music if it slapped them in the face... :)

Point is, you can take someone off the street or one of those crappy so called talent shows on tv and and sell absolute shite to the vast majority of people these days just because they think it's the latest thing and is cool and trendy (a bit like the iPad), when at the end of the day it's nothing but crap bought by sheep because they don't want to be the odd one out or have the guts to stand up and say this is a load of BS... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »
aaand roll VT... :D

[youtube]3PH2OGWsDb0[/youtube]

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 12:51:47 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;621150
Set doomy free.  To sell iPad vOnes to unsuspecting ebayers...

They'd have to be full military spec of course... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 03:12:58 PM »
Quote from: persia;621179
iPads and Android tablets are not going away anytime soon, they're just too darn convenient.  You don't really understand them until you actually have one.  Once you have one you get it.  iPad has the software and momentum.  Android the army of manufacturers much like the PCs.  It will be interesting and fun to see how this plays out.

What's convenient about carrying an overgrown mobile phone around with you, not to mention the fact that it just makes you look like a pretentious twat... :D

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »
Quote from: persia;621209
Use one, then comment.  There's nothing pretentious about it, it does a job that no other bit of tech kit does.  iPad, Android tablets, RIM's Play thing, HP's Maeamo Slate.  It's a bit like the PC world of the '80s where Amiga was born.

I have used one, my nephews, which he has for the last 3 months or so left lying in a cupboard unused and it's nothing more than a glorified extra large mobile phone... :)

Nothing like the PC world of the 80s or the Amiga, we didn't walk down the street or sit on a train with an A1000 & monitor under our arm or sitting on our lap to try and look cool... :lol:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;621358
I guess popular arts have always been this way, technology will always allow the talentless to suceed, but it will also be used by the brilliant to make something that will be remembered for the rest of civilisation :)

I likes them words... ;)

All this talk about music has reminded me of a question that I've often asked folk but never had an answer too... :)

Why does no-one invent new musical instruments anymore, I mean pianos, guitars the sax etc.. were all invented gawd knows how long ago, but other than synths why has no-one ever invented a new musical instrument that has caught on like the afore-mentioned... :confused:

(Always puzzled me has that... :))

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »
@ Orjan

:) I suppose in it's day the A600 being that wee bit smaller it could have been used as a portable device, just reckon the car battery to power it and cathode ray tube monitor may have been a wee bit awkward though... :lol:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
Oh gawd... the numpties are out in force again... :rolleyes:

iPAD 2 sales New Customers (or as I call em, Guillible Fools... :))

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;621732
Having played with an iPad the other day, I have to say it is a very swish piece of kit. Not something I need or particularly want, but I can see the appeal as well as the potential.

During the night I saw a clip about it on one of the 24 hour news channels, the reporter asked one guy "why did you queue to buy it" the guy replied with "not sure but I'm the first amongst my friends to own one... cool eh..."... :lol:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »
Do Apple ever get things right first time when they release something... :)

Light Leakage on iPAD2