Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bring back the Amiga?  (Read 3077 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: Bring back the Amiga?
« on: November 28, 2003, 04:15:12 PM »
Hi oaktree,

Let me start by saying hi and welcome to the site :-)

Anyhow, basically codesmith summed up the current climate pretty well. There 3 options you can choose, each has its plus and minus points. And there really is a lot of pointless animosity.

In my own opinion, zealots within each 'camp' are guilty of attempting to push their views immediately onto anybody asking what direction to take, promoting their system by invariably slamming the 'opposition' instead of simply extoling the virtues of their platform. In a good deal of cases, these people simply haven't used either alternative to their chosen system and simply regurgitate old (and often outdated) views and (mis)information about them.

You rarely see a simple explanation of what's good about any given system without derision about the alternatives attached to it. Virtually every discussion on the matter descends into a flame war (and no, thats not an open invite for anybody to start another!). It is truly pathetic I am sorry to say.

Of course, what these people fail to realise is that all they actually succeed in doing is putting off the new and curious for good.
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: Bring back the Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 07:35:49 PM »
-edit-

Thought the thread was going onto same old same old, but actually I should have read it more closely...
int p; // A