Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aros has a new trick Video, don't miss it :-)  (Read 6984 times)

Description:

Offline ognix

• Show all replies
Re: Aros has a new trick Video, don't miss it :-)
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »
Quote from: clusteruk;591264
Hi

Check out my new very short video please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKCHZFYj9Kk

Steve

You did a very nice job, Steve!
I mean making this short but "straight to the point" video presentation.

Just one thought from some comments I read...

One thing that we, amigans, generally suffer, is that we are not open minded (anymore).
Not everyone, of course, but most of us (I suffered from this as well).

We are so strongly and unrealistically tied with our beloved classic computer, we can't see and try other possibilities.
This is seen by the hardcore enthusiasts as an eretic behaviour: I understand, but it's not just 1 or 0, with me or against me; it's taking in consideration all facts, situation and possible "answers", and trying to find the best one, the one that fits well.

What you did, Steve, is melt the "angry face" against the x86 platform the hardcore Amiga enthusiast would have generally.  :)

Anyway AROS, for me, fits well!

Offline ognix

• Show all replies
Re: Aros has a new trick Video, don't miss it :-)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:01:48 PM »
Quote from: zylesea;591328

MorphOS itself doesn't offer sd, but there are 3rd party tools that offer sd. I don't use it, since Amiga-m is faster and more convenient IMHO. Also the RMB on the depth gadget offers  a thumbnail view of other open screens and allows simple selection.
The sd aproach with todays hw doesn't feel as smooth and natural as on the old hardware IMHO. Fancy stuff like a rotating cube for switching screens is also a nice gimmick, but not very useful.

Hey!  :)
I didn't know MOS (with third party software) had this capability: I mean not just screen dragging but thumbnails for other screens.
In fact, after my previous post, I thought about screen dragging, its usefulness and a proper evolution.
And it came to my mind the option of having thumbnail view of open screens by right-mouse-button clicking on the depth gadget!

I think it's a very cool and useful way to move through screens (together with Amiga-M shortcut): we do not have to copy from other platforms! (Vista, Win7, Linux)

Let's implement it on AROS too!  :D

Hope you'll agree...

P.S. Falling on the ignorant side: in fact I didn't know about it on MOS because I didn't try it, but I don't have proper hardware to run it.