Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: iSlate, watch and learn  (Read 6296 times)

Description:

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Re: iSlate, watch and learn
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »
Quote from: persia;538462
On 27/01/10 Apple is going to release the iSlate, a tablet Mac.  Microsoft introduced tablet PCs years ago and have gone absolutely nowhere with the technology.  Apple is about to kick MS arse with their own technology.  Watch how it's done, folks.  

Hyperion or A-Eon or whatever is the name of the week need to watch and learn.  You don't introduce a product and tell people "you figure out what to do with it...." you don't introduce a produce with no price and tell people wait six months to actually have it.  And you don't introduce features that 99.99999% of the world have absolutely no use for and yet cost lots of money.

I'll order one on the 27th, I'll know what they cost and I'll be playing with it before summer (in the southern hemisphere) is over...

Yes, let's all
watch
how apple does things.

I could list the innumerable lawsuits apple has levied against people who dare to speculate about their products prior to release, but honestly?  Why bother?  Fact is, this niche product will sell to the latte' drinking set at the Apple fashion boutique computer stores, soccer moms (who will have to replace it in droves due to coffee spills, etc. ad infinitum, which will "boost" sales figures as the units gather dust after 6 mo. of work).

If I - or anyone of concern - wanted a tablet computer running OSX, we could've had one any time in the last four years or so, by buying one of the multiple and less expensive tablet PCs and installing OSX for Intel on it, period.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:23:47 PM by B00tDisk »
Back away from the EU-SSR!