Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Listening to Audio CDs without a sound card  (Read 542 times)

Description:

Offline hamtronixTopic starter

• Show only replies by hamtronix
Listening to Audio CDs without a sound card
« on: August 24, 2007, 02:10:59 AM »
Excuse me if this is common knowledge:

I was under the impression that the only way to listen to Audio CDs was by running the audio through a sound card but using AsimCDFS audio (ASIMTunes) player program there is an option you can select Audio Through Amiga Hardware. I did this and listened to some fine Rockabilly on my Amiga 2000. It does recommend an accelerator due to the conversion load but it works! Now it is my most expensive CD player.
CD TV / Remote / Trackball Remote / Keyboard / CDTV 1411 External Drive / C= 1405 256K RAM / Smell the fear!

Offline Amiduffer

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
Re: Listening to Audio CDs without a sound card
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:04:48 AM »
Be carefull. I've heard that too much rockabilly will cause Amiga's to commit suicide.  :-D
Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 03:06:42 AM »
IF your CD-Rom have an audio jack you can hook a stereo headphone in it...
Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.

Offline zyphoid

• Show only replies by zyphoid
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 04:24:50 AM »

hamtronix wrote:
Excuse me if this is common knowledge:

I was under the impression that the only way to listen to Audio CDs was by running the audio through a sound card but using AsimCDFS audio (ASIMTunes) player program there is an option you can select Audio Through Amiga Hardware. I did this and listened to some fine Rockabilly on my Amiga 2000. It does recommend an accelerator due to the conversion load but it works! Now it is my most expensive CD player.

@hamtronix yea it is a neat feature of the asimplayer, i also used it on my 1200 until my setup got messed up and now all it does is play static! can't really figure it out, would love to have it back too, cause i'm not doing the sound card thing!
A1200T Mid-Night 060@50mhz tv tuner,voodoo banshee,usb subway,mediator,Dual Multi partition 200Gig 2.5/3.5HD, Twin dual-layer lite-on dvd 52x dvd-rw, sx-32pro030@50mhz my favorite system what xbox came from til someone says otherwise,A500 Efika...