Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AROS Status Update  (Read 2293 times)

Description:

Offline Krusher

• Show all replies
Re: AROS Status Update
« on: May 27, 2003, 03:53:49 PM »
Someone pinch me  :-D I must be dreaming.. Just burned the latest iso, booted it.. and it worked *gasp* If you Aros guys pull this off, why not Amiga themselfes, sheesh :-P

The power of the x86 cpu and the smalleness of the Amiga OS.. should be a wet dream for everyone   :lol:

Offline Krusher

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 07:18:13 PM »
Poster: bloodline Date: 2003/5/27 18:07:14

Nice isn't it  

The AROS devs are a very very talented lot of people, and they work for the only reward of seeing people using an AmigaOS clone on hardware of their choosing (be that x86, PPC, 68k, ARM... etc...)

This is why I have supported the project for the last 4 years, and I hope other will enjoy it too!

Too bad that I'm not a programmer, I'd be more then happy then code for this project :)
But alas, my field of expertise is elsewhere.

Last time I ever tried to program is like 20 years ago on my C64.. Assembly. Trying to make functional F keys *g* (it worked btw) Oh and I did some stuff in Amos. I got a real Terminal, and I programmed something so I could remote control my Amiga with the Terminal over the serial port, worked quite nice, multitasking and whatnot  :-D

Offline Krusher

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »
Breakout game?? is it included in the ISO?? damnn I feel a obsession coming up (again :crazy:)

I ment to ask earlier but I forgot. How do I install Aros Native x86 on my harddrive?

I know my way in Linux so tinkering with bootloaders, kernels and stuff shouldn't be an issue for me, I guess I just need a few pointers  :-)

Offline Krusher

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 02:17:33 AM »
Okay, have the game on my ISO :D

But why this many discaimers on the x86 HD install?

I just want to swap my Windows XP/ Linux / Aros?? harddrive. Why keeping HD instalments hidden? I KNOW blah, kill, erase harddrive, blah blah *g*

Given the people who try Aros... Seriously, why not put out an x86 native, put on harddrive manual?

Offline Krusher

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 01:09:25 PM »
I just might do that then  :-D

FYI, I'm prolly one of few who actually got Linux Slackware 1996 edition to run with X Windows *g* on my not so standard PC then LOL.

I just want to mess with Aros on the hd, and I have a removeable HD rack in my computer just for these things :)