Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Friendly Monitor in the USA???  (Read 3735 times)

Description:

Offline motrucker

Re: Amiga Friendly Monitor in the USA???
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 17, 2010, 05:23:03 AM »
Quote from: Franko;575060
It may be great to walk into any store here in the UK and buy a scart enabled TV or monitor, but have you seen the motion blur on even the latest and supposedly high spec LCD & Plasma sets. Until they finally fix out this problem I'm sticking with my old Microvitec and Commodore monitors.

I too took along an A1200 to one of the big TV retail stores a couple of years ago, and was told in no uncertain terms that they would not allow me to connect an ancient kid's toy to any of their sets as there was no way of telling what damage it might do... :rolleyes:

I still use a 21" Samsung CRT monitor just because of the smearing problem. Use it on one Amiga and my Windows machine (switch box). Great picture!
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 05:30:07 AM »
I still use a Commodore 1940 in my kitchen and a Microvitec for my main Amiga setup, for the simple reasons that the picture quality on them is far better than any similar sized LCD or Plasma, no motion blurring, deep blacks, far superior contrast and with the aid of a couple of little boxes I built I can transmit and view my Sky Satellite TV progs on them. :)

Offline Crom00Topic starter

• Show only replies by Crom00
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 05:33:05 AM »
Yep folks aways commented on the 1084. My A1000 with the A1300 gelock with Workbenches 1.3 blue color replaced with live broadcast Cable tv or a VCR tape blew my Pc friends away. Fire up some BattleSquadron purchased for $5 at the bargain bin an we were happy... until Wing Commander came out, then I was blown away.