Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS  (Read 34712 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« on: March 01, 2011, 04:03:15 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;618634
Looks like due to the recent Settlement between Amiga Inc and Cloanto
http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=91183272&pty=OPP

CommodoreUSA is no longer using Workbench 5 as the name.  :) Once again proving that C=USA using names before they checked weather they could use it.
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_OS.aspx

From the forum:-
"Well, as you may have realised we were never firm on the name of our Commodore OS. So Commodore OS it is.
Clearly the Commodore brand is stronger than the Amiga brand.
It is definitely stronger than the Workbench name also.
It probably didn't make much sense as the name of the OS on the C64x and we were thinking of calling that Commodore OS anyway.
Our initial thoughts were to go with Commodore OS, well before we got the Amiga trademark licensed.
I am greatly relieved at the outcome actually, as the Workbench name gave rise to an immense amount of fanciful expectations of what our OS will be.
"

Now I'm just wondering does this mean Cloanto now could use the name? Amiga Forever renamed Workbench 5  :eek:

Who actually own Workbench name and who can use it?

Commodore Amiga own it in Iran and the rest of the free world.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
Quote from: vox;618650
Double dat!
Some of the retired dictators will be hired to help their worldwide domination :-)

The brave Iranian people overthrew their Imperial Puppet Dictator in 1979.

Remind us how long the Chetniks put up with Bolshevik rule for?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 07:42:09 PM »
Quote from: TheGoose;618693
Nicholas, aren't you late for a revolution some where?

The second (and long over due) American Revolution could learn a lot from the Islamic Revolution. Take your country back my friend!

So there, how professional / smart  is this x-satellite hustler? Sets out, uses some trademark name that's not his, gets shot down. So what, keep moving, these dummies will buy anything. - That's what he thinks of us.

Anyone who buys something from him really is a dummy! :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 07:55:32 PM »
Quote from: persia;618704
My Iranian relatives are moving as much of their assets outside of Iran while they can.  They feel the fake Ayyatollah is nearing the end of his rule and that once he's ousted the secret police will go on a rampage.

Khaveh sho munafegh pedar sag.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;618858
Last time i checked, Commodore OS had a perfectly fine name - Ubuntu.

:roflmao:

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »
Quote from: dammy;619076
IMO, C=USA will not be able to make significant money buy selling Amigas with Linux.  It needs a custom OS that will be different.  C64x can be done with Linux, the OS is not the main draw but the retro games it plays will be it's main sell point.

So which publishers have they licenced games from?

Or are they still encouraging people to download pirated D64 images?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »
Quote from: EDanaII;619280
Until a new business model emerges, they will still be subject to criticism they are receiving now. And, honestly, I can't think of any model in this day and age that can. I doubt, for example, that Barry's funds are any where near that of Google's.

I doubt Barry's funds are even anywhere near those of Franko's ebay account.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Quote from: danwood;619311
It will only do well if the "retro" community buys them in significant numbers, no "normal" users will be attracted to an expensive PC in a 30 year old designed case.

The very community that they've managed to p1 ss off spectacularly before launching a single product.

They are doomed to failure.