Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Hyperion Entertainment Website http://a-eon.com/ - The Mystery Continues  (Read 85119 times)

Description:

Offline Tension

Re: New Timberwolf screenshots!
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 03, 2010, 10:58:13 PM »
Quote from: Pete_Noir;535932
It's PowerPC, 4 x SATA, two PCIe x16, three PCIe x1, two legacy PCI 33 Mhz, 8 x USB, Gigabit Ethernet, 'at least' 4GB RAM, Xorro, and Xena :)

You forgot to mention the S/PDIF connector.   It`s my favourite port!  Woohoo!!!!

Offline Tension

Could Xena be a 680x0 in a FPGA?

Offline Tension

Quote from: motorollin;536259
In my opinion, innovation in computing can only occur now in two areas: user I/O (control and display methods) and software. It's not like in the 80s and 90s when newer, faster hardware was revolutionary and actually allowed you to do *different* things that you couldn't do before. With today's technology, the innovation comes from how you interface with the technology and what functions the software performs. Nintendo realised that, which is why they didn't throw procesors and video cards at the console war but developed a truly innovative way of interacting with the console which has created opportunities to play games in ways we never have before. New motherboards and new operating systems are all very well for hobbyists, but I don't believe they can ever be considered innnovative any more.

--
moto

--
moto

Good point moto

Offline Tension

Quote from: Radfoo;536392
Yeah, David Pleasance and team have been praised for doing a good job in the UK.  He lead one of the buyout teams after the Commodore Bankruptcy - think they would have been a better choice than ESCOM.

Yeah, didn't they single-handedly release the CD32 FMV cartridge after the bankruptcy?

It's a shame the UK company couldn't raise enough capital for a buyout after Commodore International went under..

Offline Tension

Re: New Timberwolf screenshots!
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »
Quote from: persia;536422
so whats the black drop shaped thing on the bottom left of the board?

s/pdif

Offline Tension

Quote from: Tumbleweed;536517
If its priced in the same region as a Powermac then its gonna have its work cut out to succeed in the high end market. Why would anyone, who is in that market segment gonna fork out for an x1000 when they can get a a high end mac with a huge back catalogue of industry standard apps - Photoshop, Quark etc etc? Even if OS4 is reworked to harness the full power of the hardware, where are the other high end apps that high end users need/expect to justify the expense?

Weed

We DEFINITELY need a 100% working CSS capable Flash supporting browser.  Otherwise it'll be of no use to most people.  Especially the way things are set to change in the next few years.  The OS is becoming more irrelevant, and everything will eventually be done through a browser.

P.S. OpenOffice would be nice as well - but that'll never happen!!

Offline Tension

Quote from: Crom00;536686

I hope that this X1000 will spawn a X500 with expansion capabilities.

Hopefully it has an edge connector ;)

Offline Tension

This thread has peaked.

Offline Tension

Ok the thread has definitely peaked now the main man has spoken  :)

Offline Tension

I wouldnt be an "intel fanboy", but I am a realist.

x86 / x64 is the only way.

The OS is going to have to be rewritten at some stage.

Might as well start now...

Offline Tension

Quote from: ZeBeeDee;537415

what is it with the popcorn whenever people go off topic?? seen it a few times on this site now??  :)

Offline Tension

Quote from: persia;538817
X1000 isn't an Amiga, Hyperion don't have a license for that brand.....

Good point Sir!!

I suppose they could call it an "Amiga compatible" system though.  

(Even though it's far from compatible with 99.9% of Amigas!)

Offline Tension

Quote from: Hell Labs;540380
Who told you? Hyperion have a perpetual, free, worldwide licence to pretty much anything amiga. Can't get mugh more "Amiga" than that.

No, only AmigaOS.  Amiga, Inc. still own the Amiga name.

Offline Tension

Quote from: jorkany;538919
If you've gone this long without picking up an A1 or a SAM, you won't get an X1000 either.

Excellently put!