Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion: "Halloween special double-treat for the Classic AmigaOS"  (Read 37743 times)

Description:

Offline gregthecanuck

• Show all replies
Quote from: olsen;815287

Things change, and the change is not a indication of poor performance or lack of confidence on the side of any party involved.

Wearing my decoder ring I am choosing to interpret this as "We see there may be a decent market for OS 3.1 updates after all."

Could you elaborate on any future plans for this new 3.1 distribution? Is this a one-shot release? Is there any sort of roadmap? Are you testing the waters for demand before making that decision?

I also don't see the issue with any "conflict of interests" with Hyperion maintaining both OS3.1 and OS4.x distributions. The OS 4.x camp (which is basically A-EON) is creating OS3 software so surely they would be happy to see OS 3.1 updates.

Myself I have feet in both camps, owning both classic and PPC systems. Very happy to see updates on both.

Offline gregthecanuck

• Show all replies
Re: Hyperion: "Halloween special double-treat for the Classic AmigaOS"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:32:32 AM »
Quote from: olsen;815287

Things change, and the change is not a indication of poor performance or lack of confidence on the side of any party involved.

Wearing my decoder ring I am choosing to interpret this as "We see there may be a decent market for OS 3.1 updates after all."

Could you elaborate on any future plans for this new 3.1 distribution? Is this a one-shot release? Is there any sort of roadmap? Are you testing the waters for demand before making that decision?

I also don't see the issue with any "conflict of interests" with Hyperion maintaining both OS3.1 and OS4.x distributions. Myself I have feet in both camps, owning both classic and PPC systems. Very happy to see updates on both. After all, Hyperion is in the business of selling software, so go where the demand is. :)

Offline gregthecanuck

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:24:19 PM »
Quote from: SpaceMonkey;815575
I'm hoping for the following

KickStart 3.10
All the latest modules and bug fixes for all known issues which supersedes OS 3.9 rom updates
Full support for disks up to 128GB
Supports all hardware
1 MB Rom(yes i know this causes issues for A4000\A3000)
Support for re flash-able roms

WorkBench 3.2
all Bug fixes in 3.1
Support for KickStart 3.10

WorkBench 3.10
All Bug fixes known for 3.9
merge all boing bags

Common
Fix HDTOOLS

Exactly!!

@Olsen - thanks for your feedback on this thread so far. As you can see there is a lot of interest in getting a new supported OS3.x distribution going. Hopefully the rights/IP holders can be convinced to help open things up to advancement.

Offline gregthecanuck

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 11:09:40 AM »
@Olsen

I believe if you need resources such as a working A600 (either replaced or repaired) or some cash to get some testing machines a simple PayPal account or some way to show support would likely yield some good results.

There are a lot of motivated users wanting to see OS3.x move forward. You just need to ask.

Have a great day!

Offline gregthecanuck

• Show all replies