Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion: "Halloween special double-treat for the Classic AmigaOS"  (Read 37773 times)

Description:

Offline apa

• Show all replies
Two things i'd like to see in a future update is Peter Ks excellent rewritten icon.library included as default if possible (and allowed by him), and maybe pfs as a default filesystem (with PFSIO maybe) and an updated hdinstalltools.

Offline apa

• Show all replies
Re: Hyperion: "Halloween special double-treat for the Classic AmigaOS"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 01:53:01 AM »
Quote from: Pgovotsos;815517
You do know that you're complaining to the wrong people. You keep griping about opening the source code but the people you're griping to don't have the rights to do so. They are individuals working on parts of the code, either under contract or volunteer. They don't own it and so can't make the decision to open it.

I know that this has been pointed out several times to you and the other open source "demanders" in this and many other threads. You need to understand that you are making impossible demands of these people. They can NOT do what you are demanding.

This is an example of what I meant above about not being appreciative and grateful for what they are able to accomplish. Look, these people are doing what they can in their spare time and for little or no compensation. How many people do you think have the knowledge, skills, access to the source code, and more importantly the desire to do this work on a long dead computer platform? If people continue to make impossible demands of them, question their ability or insult them, how much longer do you think that desire will last?

These guys don't owe us anything. They have expended a great deal of time and effort to give us what they have. They could just as easily turned away and pursued something profitable. Honestly, with the negativity they get from some of the community, I'm surprised that they haven't and that anyone remains willing to work on a dead product for obnoxious and ungrateful users.

Try saying "Thank you" instead to these guys.

If you have issues about the source code, take it up with the rights holder, please.

+Word!! Thanks to ALL updating the code for out beloved platform, in whatever way. Of course Hyperion should have some pocketmoney if they update it, now and then. I would also like to see it open sourced one day, but I'm not sure that is a silverbullet. We got AROS already and anyone feeling that they would like to contribute are free to do so there. And Olsen, Thomas et al, please continue sharing as much nuggets and insights as you do into the code and history of it - have you considered blogging about it now and then.