Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion: "Halloween special double-treat for the Classic AmigaOS"  (Read 37791 times)

Description:

Offline eliyahuTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
via hyperion-entertainment.biz....

Brussels, October 13, 2016

Hyperion Entertainment is pleased to announce the first official Workbench 3.1 and Kickstart 3.1  updates in over twenty years for Classic Amiga systems. The new  versions, which have have been re-built from the original source code, include a number of enhancements and bug fixes and are fully compatible  with both real Amiga hardware and Classic Amiga emulation software.

Each update can be purchased for only EUR 9.95 (incl. VAT) via the "Buy now!" links on their respective product pages. Buyers of both updates will get a 10% discount!

Workbench 3.1 (v40.43) update for Amiga desktops
(for Amiga 500/600/1200/2000/3000/4000(T) computers and Amiga emulation software)

The Workbench 3.1 (v40.43) images can be written to real Amiga floppy diskettes or used in Amiga emulation software. The changes include:

• Compatibility with A4000T
  • Installer fixed to use proper assigns which allows    installation from other media in addition to the 6 floppy disk set

Workbench 3.1 (v40.43) is also supplied with a FREE updated licensed copy of Workbench 1.3.3 which incorporates the following changes:

• C/SetClock  v34.3 by Olaf Barthel, which fixes Y2K issues and also works on newer Kickstart versions. (Note: the old SetClock command has been renamed and left on disk for reference purposes)
  • Deactivated "FF" program in Startup-Sequence to prevent problems on 68020/030    processors
Kickstart 3.1 (40.72) update for Amiga desktops
(for Amiga 500/600/1200/2000/3000/4000(T) computers and Amiga emulation software)

The Kickstart 3.1 (40.72) image is the first test release and can written to EEPROM chips for use in real Amiga computers or used with Amiga emulation software. It contains the following new components:

exec.library 40.12

• Updated copyright information text
  • Fixed a small bug in the memory pools code which mirrors the same bug fix in the same code that was used in amiga.lib.

strap 40.3

• Added the Boingball logo which replaces the rainbow-coloured checkmark logo.
  • Slightly brighter background colour.

workbench.library 40.6

• Rebuilt with SAS/C 6.59 to free up more ROM space because the copyright text in the updated exec.library. No other functional changes.

scsi.device 40.21 for A600 and A1200

• Small bug fix to the IDE task initialization making it compatible with the  A600. (Note: older Kickstart ROMs used scsi.device version 39, because  unlike version 40, it did not crash on the A600)

As a special bonus Kickstart 3.1 (v40.72) is supplied with a FREE licensed copy of Kickstart 1.3. For more information visit Hyperion Entertainment.

Screenshots

"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: Hyperion: "Halloween special double-treat for the Classic AmigaOS"
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »
@klx300r

i would have thought so as well, especially since they'd already produced kickstart ROMs in the past (link). so i hope this is just the beginning of future updates to AOS3.1!

-- eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 11:49:29 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;815257
I'm all about supporting 68k development, so I'm buying them.

I would like more details on what is in here though. IDE and SCSI changes especially. FFS version would be nice to know too.

Did the layers.library update make it in?

same here. it sounds like olaf barthel was the one driving this set of updates. i hope he's able to respond to this thread to give us some more background, if there are any additional changes not mentioned in the press release, and if this is a one-off, or if hyperion is planning on making additional updates in the future.

-- eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 04:41:37 PM »
@thread

we've been able to keep this thread civil so far, and i want it to stay that way. refrain from insulting other members, and keep the AROS off-topic stuff out of this thread. i don't want to have to moderate this topic, so please knock it off now. thanks.

-- eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 12:05:26 AM »
@thread

there's a brief update from hyperion. apparently a few customers had difficulty booting from the workbench images on some systems....

Bugfix update for Workbench 3.1 (40.43)
Brussels, October 25, 2016

Hyperion is pleased to announce the immediate availability of an update to the recently released Workbench 3.1 (40.43) to address a few reported issues.

Registered customers can download the free update from the restricted download area on the Hyperion Entertainment website, new customers will automatically get the fixed version via our fulfillment partner avangate.

-- eliyahu