Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BOH Level Editor  (Read 6012 times)

Description:

Offline saimo

Re: BOH Level Editor
« on: June 12, 2009, 09:57:14 AM »
Hey, amigans, I'd like to publicly thank motorollin for his hard work and for all the the support he offered to my project! Also, his editor is very nice and easy to use, so I invite all BOH's players to give it a shot ;)

saimo

P.S. Missions development details can be found in the official developer's manual available on the DOWNLOADS page of BOH's website.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:15:26 AM by saimo »
RETREAM - retro dreams for Amiga, Commodore 64 and PC

Offline saimo

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 11:58:45 PM »
I'd like to point out that update3 introduced some changes to missions descriptors, so the header template produced by the editor is no longer valid (not motorollin's fault, of course). In a nutshell, you'll have to edit the headers by hand (all the necessary details can be found in the BOH developer's manual) until motorollin finds the time to adapt/complete his editor.

Offline saimo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;549935
I can't believe I missed this thread...thanks motorollin..I started a new level during the Christmas break but alas time is always the enemy...looking forward to trying your editor:)

Motorollin did an excellent job with the editor, but, unfortunately, many things have changed with the updates, so the missions it creates are not fully compatible and require hand-fixing (this not Motorollin's fault, of course). Anyway, still the editor helps a lot with designing maps.

Offline saimo

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 09:06:25 AM »
Quote from: motorollin;550332
Yes unfortunately the editor is way out of date with all the updates to BOH, and I just don't have time at the moment to update the editor to match. Once I've finished my degree I might have another look at it, but for now it's just not possible.

Hey, motorollin, nice to hear from you! :)
Yeah, I know you are busy with your studies - now that I think of it, I should have mentioned that in my post.
Best luck with your degree!

Offline saimo

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
@klx300r

Unfortunately, the work it would require motorollin would be much more than you imagine: the descriptors have changed along the way as I was expanding the game, so the editor became outdated and incompatible.
Of course, if motorollin feels like reworking the editor, I'd have no objections.
That said, BOH was designed precisely with the aim of making it possible to create missions with just a text editor... you still can create your own missions ;)

Offline saimo

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »
Sorry. the editor was entirely web-based, so I never had it.