Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Threat against Amiga sites?  (Read 18282 times)

Description:

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
Re: Threat against Amiga sites?
« Reply #164 from previous page: December 22, 2010, 10:32:17 PM »
Quote from: orange;600865
i'm gonna be offtopic to, but have to ask, whats with all the "problem?" avatars,

Problem?

Quote from: orange;600865

they look a bit dull

Coming from the guy with a Simpons avatar. ;)
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline the_leander

« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2010, 10:35:42 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;600870
I said this before.

You were wrong then too.
Blessed Be,

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2010, 10:37:54 PM »
Quote from: Belial6;600600
If Doomy is on right now, why don't you just out him?  And even if you don't, why don't you apply the TOS to the attacks that are continually heaped on the guy?  As far as I can tell, he is an Amiga.Org made villain.  How bad could he have behaved that would be worse than calling for a real life in the flesh beating?

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt, seeing a join date of 2002, but in case you don't remember your history, Doomy, let's call him "Mr. Campbell"  actually threatened at one time to "come down to my neck of the woods and sort {me} out" (paraphrased, since the original resides with an attorney friend of mine) since he "had family down here".

Historically speaking "Mr. Campbell" had repeatedly abused this forum system (by way of multiple accounts), and it's members (by way of ripping them off on eBay), and it's staff (by way of threat over being banned) to the point where it was unilaterally decided by myself and the admins at the time that his presence was no longer tolerated.

Since then, I'm certain that George, aka "Mr. Campbell", aka Doomy, circa potentially you, has continually kept several accounts in violation of the posted rules of the site.  Traditionally, we have tolerated "him" until such time that his antics have invariably surfaced enough to ban whatever account he is using at the time.  He ALWAYS slips up and reveals himself.

Generally speaking, "We" can't stop people from reading the forums.  That's what AO is here for, but we can work towards making it a better place for the community here by way of managing any given nutbaggery on a given day.

When I say "we", of course I mean the site owners, Bill P, and the site's current list of site admins.  I gave all this up for lent, and while I have nothing seriously against "Mr. Campbell", I do think anyone this deeply attached to any hobby, while using a forum to rip off its' members may sincerely need a psychiatric evaluation by professionals.

Regards, and Merry Christmas,

Wayne Hunt
-- former site owner, now retired blogger and podcaster.
-- segwayne.com
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »
It's not just folk on Amiga forums that threaten Doomy on you tube whatever he has done there there are a number of really nasty videos threatening Doomy and his family with death threats. Now I don't know Doomy only what I've read about him and some things he's posted but it would seem wherever this guy goes he causes trouble for himself and upsets a hell of a lot of people not just those on Amiga sites...

I would post the threat videos here but some of them are really sick & twisted (haven't a clue why YouTube allow some of them they are so bad) so Belial6 if you want to see them for yourself dig around on you tube, all these folk can't be wrong. Me I couldn't care less about him one way or the other, but one things for sure love him or hate him the whole Doomy saga leads to some very interesting and often quite amusing reading... :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
What do i search for on you youtube to see these videos? I had a look but couldn't find any   :)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Franko

« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;600882
What do i search for on you youtube to see these videos? I had a look but couldn't find any   :)

Gawd Im new to this whole internet malarky and even I can find things, your just not trying hard enough young Kesa... :)

I'll post this one link but if your easily offended the PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK even though the nutter who made it sounds like a total retard, even I find it a bit sick & worrying that there are nutters out there like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1isPpUJtBmY

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2010, 11:41:30 PM »
Quote from: Franko;600894
Gawd Im new to this whole internet malarky and even I can find things, your just not trying hard enough young Kesa... :)

I'll post this one link but if your easily offended the PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK even though the nutter who made it sounds like a total retard, even I find it a bit sick & worrying that there are nutters out there like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1isPpUJtBmY

That video is directed at Doommaster1994 - not the Doomy we all know and "love" around here. :)

Offline Franko

« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;600898
That video is directed at Doommaster1994 - not the Doomy we all know and "love" around here. :)

WHAT... there's two DoomMasters (I did wonder what the 1994 bit had to do with anything) maybe it's Son Of Doomy... :eek:

but there are other vids out there direct at Mr Hans C in which 'our' Doomy has responded to...

Has anybody noticed the lack of mods on the site today !!! are they fighting the threat behind the scenes here keeping us all safe and warm, it must be the longest I've seen without Karlos popping in... :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2010, 12:16:26 AM »
Quote from: Franko;600900
WHAT... there's two DoomMasters (I did wonder what the 1994 bit had to do with anything) maybe it's Son Of Doomy... :eek:

but there are other vids out there direct at Mr Hans C in which 'our' Doomy has responded to...

Has anybody noticed the lack of mods on the site today !!! are they fighting the threat behind the scenes here keeping us all safe and warm, it must be the longest I've seen without Karlos popping in... :)

I'm keeping an eye on things ready to report back to him. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2010, 12:25:22 AM »
Karlos is on secret sock business. It's a part of his secret life.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2010, 12:33:34 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;600910
Karlos is on secret sock business. It's a part of his secret life.

Problem?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Selles

• Show only replies by Selles
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2010, 01:57:15 AM »
The question that keeps popping up in my mind is:

Does any of you have actual evidence that proves that this guy "ripped" anyone off, evidence that would hold up in a coart of law?  Or did someone that simply does not like the guy start rumors, which then led to a snowball effect.

I have watched this guy's videos on YouTube, especially the ones about his vintage computer history, and I must say, he does not seem like the kind of person that you people say he is.  Now, he may have said some stupid things here on Amiga Org, and he may have made some threats, but, has he followed thru with any of those threats, or was he just being foolish at the time?

Offline the_leander

« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2010, 02:12:41 AM »
Quote from: Selles;600954

Does any of you have actual evidence that proves that this guy "ripped" anyone off, evidence that would hold up in a coart of law?  Or did someone that simply does not like the guy start rumors, which then led to a snowball effect.

People bought stuff from him on ebay on the basis that he was a member of this site, they paid and didn't get what they paid for. They then came back to this site and complained.

Rather than idly ask these questions, go take a look for yourself. It's all there in the archives and we have a working search function.

I have watched this guy's videos on YouTube, especially the ones about his vintage computer history, and I must say, he does not seem like the kind of person that you people say he is.

Con artists never seem bad at first. At least, not successful ones.

Now, he may have said some stupid things here on Amiga Org, and he may have made some threats, but, has he followed thru with any of those threats, or was he just being foolish at the time?

He got banned, he tried to come back repeatedly - in further breach of the TOS after having threatened the lives of people on this site. Whether he intended to carry out those threats or not at this stage is irrelevant. He is not welcome on this board.

I would however strongly urge you to go through the archives and find out for yourself just what kind of person he is.
Blessed Be,

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2010, 02:16:59 AM »

Now, he may have said some stupid things here on Amiga Org, and he may have made some threats, but, has he followed thru with any of those threats, or was he just being foolish at the time?

He did not follow through with his threat to reveal his identity.

:laughing:
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Franko

« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2010, 02:37:30 AM »

I have watched this guy's videos on YouTube, especially the ones about his vintage computer history, and I must say, he does not seem like the kind of person that you people say he is.  Now, he may have said some stupid things here on Amiga Org, and he may have made some threats, but, has he followed thru with any of those threats, or was he just being foolish at the time?

the_leander has just given you some perfectly good answers, I've already posted here that it's not only folk on Amiga sites this Doomy guy has upset and as it appears you have visited HCs youtube channel, then read a bit more carefully and follow the clues...

You'll soon find out why this guy has made himself so unpopular as I said a short time ago not all these folk can be wrong, so stop defending this guy unitl you've read everything and you can then draw your own conclusions... :)

Offline Belial6

• Show only replies by Belial6
    • http://www.glasshead.net
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2010, 05:16:42 AM »
I get that he very well likely did many of the things that are claimed of him.  The problem is that while it is said he went so far as to threaten you Wayne, I also see in this very thread a physical threat against him.  As I understand it, he was banned because the kind of nutbaggary that would make physical threats are not the kind you want here.  I would agree with that, but the rules against threats seems to only apply to those that the mob has decided they don't like.

There are definitely nutcases on this board.  Heck, one might argue that hanging out on this board pretty much defines you as a nutcase, but the viciousness on this board gets REALLY bad, and a blind eye is turned when for some people, while the TOS bets broken out for others.

The comments made against "Mr. Campbell" go far beyond warning against doing business with the guy.  They are incessant, and personal attacks.  They set the bar pretty low for what is considered acceptable behavior, and they are frequently exactly what some of the claims against him are.

I realize that many of use were in high school when we were first introduced to the Amiga, but we are not any more.  We should act like grown ups.  OK, maybe not grown ups.  But we should at least be civil.