Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

My First Amiga
My First Amiga
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: Well sort of anyway  :roll:
You see prior to this I had always kind of claimed my Dad's Amiga 2000 as my own :-P but this is technically the first Amiga I have ever, actually, owned.

I just received it this morning and just could not get over its condition. It came with the original keyboard, angle mouse, AND packaging all for a mere $40.00 dollars CND and that includes shipping :-o

Picture Stats:
Views: 1930
Filesize: 281.45kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: techie at July 19, 2006, 04:15:55 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (7)

rkauer
April 17, 2007, 04:02:59 AM
I agree. I have three Amigas. I use at least one of them everyday.

It's a shame not use it. Please, consider just give this Miggy a try.
Marco
November 02, 2006, 11:59:44 PM
Even packing it away is no garuantee, the A500 I 'inherited' from my brother after he lost interest in Amiga had spent a decade from about 94 to 04 packed away with no sunlight touching it. It went away slightly yellow but came out brown (seriously dark, brown!) This was presumably due to heat causing the plastic to 'sweat' just like sunlight. My current A1200 never sees sunlight during the day under a dusctover and duringthe hotter months has an air-con blowing straight at it pretty much all day long.

P.S. my desk just happens to be near the window, I'm not that obsessive that I set up an air conditioner just to keep my Miggy cool.

P.P.S. That is one damn fine looking Amiga BTW. I really hate to hear about people who buy star wars figures or other 'collectibles' in the original packaging and never take them out to preserve the value (even though they'll never actually want to sell them); There's no point owning that Amiga if you're not gonna use it now and then.
pedro7
October 05, 2006, 05:53:53 PM
It would be a shame to just pack it away and never use it.
If you want to preserve it try to find a nice cool room with no or very little sunlight and set it up there.
IMO if you don't use it you will never treasure it as much, computers are meant to be used! I enjoy using my a1000 for playing games and also for a bit of word processing/text editing, it is nice and quiet and I like the keyboard  :-) .
techie
July 20, 2006, 10:53:19 PM
@Vincent

Actually, after thinking this over, I've decided that putting this Amiga away for safe keeping is probably the best thing to do. So I've carefully put it back in it's original box and stored it away in my closet.

It really is a shame though; I had hoped to use this Amiga to play some classic old games. Now I guess I'll have to go out and find a nice little Amiga 500 to use instead. I just hope it isn't in museum quality too or I might never get to play my games  :-P
Vincent
July 19, 2006, 08:32:27 PM
Pack it away in bubblewrap and box it, then put it in the attic for safe keeping ;-)
techie
July 19, 2006, 07:20:59 PM
@LinchpiN
Thanks  :-) it really was a lucky find.
In fact even looking at it now and I still can't get over the condition it's in but now my question is how can I keep it this way :-?
Linchpin
July 19, 2006, 04:59:46 PM
Looks to be pretty mint :)

Nice find.