Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merlancia.com server changes.  (Read 3436 times)

Description:

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Re: Merlancia.com server changes.
« on: December 26, 2002, 02:17:40 AM »
First the site design is not cool, its awful.

there are dead links everywhere.  A professional would have completed the site in advance of announcing it, not after, and we all know it won't be completed, not ever...the excuses and timeframes are a big who cares....you have never had a professional site, and you've had years.

Secondly, it is full of inaccurate information..  You are not in the business of designing or producing anything, you are a reseller, at best....

Don't bother criticisizing Amiga, Inc, just about anyone else in the world is more qualified to do that than you.

Will this merlancia hoax never end?  Who is the 'royal we'...you and your mom?

Shut up already, you've been thoroughly debunked on moo-bunny and on this site, this is old and tired.  Grow up little kid.

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2002, 03:42:27 PM »
I found Harv's response the more entertaining one, however, lets do the point by point thing, using your outline.

1 (What I know about Merlancia):

What I know is all I need to know, you have made promises for a long time, and never delivered anything, except you sell some 68k market products and are a frequent subject of complaint by your customers.  You say thats about to change, well good, when it changes, then it has changed.  Until then, things are the same.

2 (Who is Merlancia)

That is more people than just you and your mom.  Good..but it does not indicate a company that has a team of engineers working on new products, or even one engineer working on a new product.

3 (Comments on Amiga, Inc.)

Unlike some people who never admit when they are wrong, I have to concede this point. Everyone is equally qualified to criticize Amiga, Inc.

4 (Moobunny)

Moobunny did a great service to the Amiga community.  You see, you were not defamed or slandered.  As a lover of words, you should realize those words have specific meaning and imply dishonesty.  Whether or not some tiny point could be criticized, I do not know, but the main thrust of the site was simply to show actual photographs of your operations.   The word debunked was the accurate word to use, as you were divested of your pretentiousness.

5 (merlancia.com)

I was actually referring to merlanciausa.com, but either way you are wrong.  It is wonderful to classify a web site as a work of art, but nevertheless a website is more than just form, it also has function.
Many large websites have some small glitches...but rarely does a professionally built site constantly assault its readership with dead ends and false navigation paths.  It is a sign of an unprofessional site, and you've been in this habit for a long time.  As a person who has worked on a moderately successful 2 mil+ e-commerce site, I know that this level of professionalism is unacceptable in the real world.  Amiga, Inc. is no better.  If some of the people in here think otherwise, goody for them, I think they do you a disservice by giving you false expectations.. the non-zealots will be negatively impressed by all the dead links, presumably you want someone to buy into your site.

6 (Who is your client)

Read back to point two, you confirm you are in the 68k market, a market you describe as being 'pitiful'.
Its always a bad sign when a person derides their own main source of business.   You wish to call someone an idiot, fine, but the biggest people you consider to be idiots are your own customers for not being smart enough to abandon 68k already.

I don't think there is any danger I will be your customer.  But I am a community member here at Amiga.org, and I will warn other community members that this merlancia hoax as been going on for years, and so far, the main thing you have done is sell a few classic Amiga products at high prices with frequent complaints by your own customers about your responsiveness.

I hope all amiga.org members will check out the moobunny articles and decide for themselves.

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2002, 04:08:08 PM »
Yes. Both single and dual 74xx series systems are planned, as well as systems with different IBM components.

Lets make this simple.

If it sounds cool, he has 'plans' to deliver it.
Everything that is broken in public has a fix in private.
Every promise broken is someone elses fault.

This is the same old/same old that we've heard for years.  When in doubt, promise more.

The purpose of this news article is to funnel more people into his site, not as a service for his existing site readership, as he suggests!   That suggestion is flat out wrong on the fact of it! Guess what, if he only wanted to talk to his own site readership, all 4 of those people, he could have just made the announcement on his own site...imagine about hitting your target market!

No, he posted at amiga.org because his target was amiga.org members...DUH!

All I'm saying is why when you all go over there, just do so with a word of caution, he does this over and over again...its all nonsense.

He puts release dates in there, he's done that before, it means absolutely nothing.

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2002, 04:32:57 PM »
BTW, I have no doubt and I am not suggesting that Ryan will be able to resell the Teron boards available from many other sources.  And those same cpu modules that are sold many other places, he may carry them as well.

However, I always suggest you rate a re-seller by their ability to serve and support their customers...not by their prediliction for grandoise announcements.

Personally, I like terrasoft as being the most reliable and most reasonable for purchasing a Teron Board.
They don't even claim to be in the amiga market, but a teron board is a teron board.

If I did wish to guarantee that os 4 compatibility, which I agree is so speculative right now, but then I'd have to buy an A/One, and would glady to do so from a more well established and 'mature' (did ya get the double meaning)....site like compuquick or software hut.

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2002, 06:15:38 PM »
well, now, his prototypical products are the pegasos and/or the teron CX/PX, etc...as he is just a reseller.  So I can believe he has prototypes in that regard, since the pegasos is a real product.

He announced sometime ago that he has a partnership with bPlan.  

the term partnership is a fast and loose term that could mean anything, but the point is, the products he intends to resell are on the market, so I don't see why he won't be reselling them as well as the 68k stuff.  The other american resellers, compuquick, softhut, are doing the same.

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2002, 08:01:12 PM »
Personally, I have decided to consider MorphOS, as sick as I am of waiting on Amiga, Inc....but only the very old 0.4Beta is available for download....

Has it become a commercial product?  It's supposedly at 1.0, or 1.1. with 1.2 right on its heals, but how do you buy it???

Only bundled with a motherboard?  If that is the case, they need to announce their huge change in direction and stop criticizing Amiga, Inc. for essentially having the exact same scheme with OS 4.

I know it supports classic Amiga, but I don't know how you buy it anymore, maybe someone can enlighten me, also do they support the Amiga One and the Boxer...again, if not, why not.....

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2002, 09:00:07 PM »
How about this for an answer,

What would you think about a kid, that makes most of his living selling talking key chains and stuffed pooh bear animal's on e-bay, going around claiming to be the CEO of an international engineering firm.

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2002, 09:04:11 PM »
p.s. when you sold that last copy of the SDK for what was it, 70 bucks on e-bay, did you list in its description that:

it is quite useless.