Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merlancia.com server changes.  (Read 3435 times)

Description:

Offline IndoroTopic starter

• Show only replies by Indoro
    • http://www.merlancia.com
Merlancia.com server changes.
« on: December 25, 2002, 12:30:51 PM »
For anyone attempting to access www.merlancia.com: Merlancia.com will be down for a few days while we consolidate our server systems. Please use merlanciausa.com in the meanwhile. We apologise in advance for any inconvienence.

Offline ikir

• Show only replies by ikir
    • http://www.ikirsector.it
Re: Merlancia.com server changes.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 05:52:24 PM »
I don't understand Merlancia moves.

I hope to see some products from Merlancia, i like these guys.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2002, 06:49:10 PM »
Well, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Merlancia moves"? If you are referring to why we are working on our servers now, it's an easy answer. We are trying to consolidate our websites, merlancia.com anbd merlanciausa.com so that any old material is gone by the end of January. We are working on updates to the new Merlancia Industries site and products sections, as well as other sections that will be going live in the next few weeks.

We are hoping to have some exciting news for you all by the new year, or the second week of January at the latest.

We are just trying to keep everyone informed of what is going on, unlike other companies, in case someone tries to go to www.merlancia.com and gets a server error. We do not want people to assume that getting a server error means we have vanished. We are working on these servers right now, as I type this. in fact, many of the changes have already been made that were important. All of our machines are on T3 connections now, and our old equipment is no longer in use (it has been replaced by new equipment), which means faster connection times and data transfers for everyone.

Hope this helps to explain what is going on. Have a happy holidays and (pre-emptively) a Happy New Year .

//R//

Offline ikir

• Show only replies by ikir
    • http://www.ikirsector.it
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 08:12:07 PM »
Thx for the infos! Interesting.

Have you the intention to produce hardware in January?

Ps: i like to see merlancia site updated because it is cool :-)

thx, Happy Holydays to you

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2002, 11:19:13 PM »
I'm glad you like the site design. Our product information sections will be changing over the next few weeks. Any news on Merlancia products will be announced when we have product ready to show, and product ready to ship. We do not hold to the Amiga, Inc. philosophy of "announce and sell, then try to design". This is why we have never taken even one thin disme for any of our product designs.

We will only begin to take orders when we have product to ship, and we will make no further product announcements until we have something new to show. We've been quiet over the last few months, but we've been busy as well.

We are also working on upgrades to our services, like AmigaZone. Just remember, when all seems to be darkest, look for a ray of starlight. There are things moving behind the shadows. ;)

TTFN & Cheers,

//RC//

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2002, 02:17:40 AM »
First the site design is not cool, its awful.

there are dead links everywhere.  A professional would have completed the site in advance of announcing it, not after, and we all know it won't be completed, not ever...the excuses and timeframes are a big who cares....you have never had a professional site, and you've had years.

Secondly, it is full of inaccurate information..  You are not in the business of designing or producing anything, you are a reseller, at best....

Don't bother criticisizing Amiga, Inc, just about anyone else in the world is more qualified to do that than you.

Will this merlancia hoax never end?  Who is the 'royal we'...you and your mom?

Shut up already, you've been thoroughly debunked on moo-bunny and on this site, this is old and tired.  Grow up little kid.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2002, 06:57:04 AM »
Mark, I will divide this into small sections so you can understand the words. I don't want to overload your neural structure with anything too complex:

1. In regards to Merlancia:
You have no clue what we are "in the business" of doing, nor what sources of income we have other than the currently pitiful unprofitable Amiga 68k market.

2. In regards to "we", "we" referres to in this case:

Ryan E A Czerwinski
Rizwan Rasheeed
Ryan Towe
Harv Laser
Brandon Emerson

all of which hae been working on the Merlancia website this week.

3. In regards to comments about Amiga Inc:
No, we as one of thier investors, and one of many companies that they royally swindled are more than qualified to complain about the state of affairs at the moment with Amiga, Inc. We are more qualified than anyone else here. How much money did you give them?

4. In regards to yoiur reference to 'MooBunny'
I have been "royally" defamed, and libeled on "Moobunny", a site famous for trolls, and dimwitted idiots that will buy into any lead story posted there. Considering how many sites have banned your hero Mr Woods from even postoing, and that his website is now in a constant state of flux because no-one want sot host it after they find out what is on it, I would expect a littlle better out of you. Then again, what can I expect from a guy that uses a cartoon yellow dragon as an avathar. That speaks volumes about you, sir.

5. In regards to merlancia.com:
There is no such thing as a "complete" website. All websites are in a constant state of metamorphosis, the gradual development of a piece of art. No piece of artwork is ever complete, only abandoned.

6. (The important one)
In regards to you:
Until you educate yourself a wee bit more, and figure out what planet you are on I suggest you watch what tone you take towards myself. Read the original post again..it didn't mention those who don't care about Merlancia or Merlancia products. It said specificly "for anyone attempting to access merlancia.com". If you are not reading our website, and you are not a client of ours, then this thread is not directed at you, and I have no reason to waste any more time on you.

Don't buy our products when they ship. Please, save us the effort of dealing with you.

Regards,

//RC//

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2002, 07:01:56 AM »
Mark, I will divide this into small sections so you can understand the words. I don't want to overload your neural structure with anything too complex:

1. In regards to Merlancia:
You have no clue what we are "in the business" of doing, nor what sources of income we have other than the currently pitiful unprofitable Amiga 68k market.

2. In regards to "we", "we" referres to in this case:

Ryan E A Czerwinski
Rizwan Rasheeed
Ryan Towe
Harv Laser
Brandon Emerson

all of which hae been working on the Merlancia website this week.

3. In regards to comments about Amiga Inc:
No, we as one of thier investors, and one of many companies that they royally swindled are more than qualified to complain about the state of affairs at the moment with Amiga, Inc. We are more qualified than anyone else here. How much money did you give them?

4. In regards to yoiur reference to 'MooBunny'
I have been "royally" defamed, and libeled on "Moobunny", a site famous for trolls, and dimwitted idiots that will buy into any lead story posted there. Considering how many sites have banned your hero Mr Woods from even postoing, and that his website is now in a constant state of flux because no-one want sot host it after they find out what is on it, I would expect a littlle better out of you. Then again, what can I expect from a guy that uses a cartoon yellow dragon as an avathar. That speaks volumes about you, sir.

5. In regards to merlancia.com:
There is no such thing as a "complete" website. All websites are in a constant state of metamorphosis, the gradual development of a piece of art. No piece of artwork is ever complete, only abandoned.

6. (The important one)
In regards to you:
Until you educate yourself a wee bit more, and figure out what planet you are on I suggest you watch what tone you take towards myself. Read the original post again..it didn't mention those who don't care about Merlancia or Merlancia products. It said specificly "for anyone attempting to access merlancia.com". If you are not reading our website, and you are not a client of ours, then this thread is not directed at you, and I have no reason to waste any more time on you.

Don't buy our products when they ship. Please, save us the effort of dealing with you.

Regards,

//RC//

Offline harvlaser

• Show only replies by harvlaser

Offline Balti

• Show only replies by Balti
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2002, 11:39:19 AM »
@Indoro

There is no need of slagging the messenger !
MooBunny is probraly the only forum that is really open, and most of
the sites regulars don't just have a critic/cynic mind but they actually
have a mind of their own, and some real knowledge.

Something that far to often gets replaced with blind believe on other
pages (from all sides).

No I don't think that stalker is news, but I allready  had a hard time taking
your company serious before, and the only thing you could do is making
atleast some of your promises true.

I find it simple hillarious that some people slag you of, only to praise AInc
in th next post, when all you have done sofar is stealing peoples time
instead of money.

If you really got some money in AInc, and don't like the way they are
doing biusness, may I advice you to take whatever needed (legal)
action to get it back ? If this would lead to the death of AInc, it would
atleast bring an end to a 3 year long nightmare  :-P
Earl Baltasar, Clanwolf of Takkatukka.
Merchant of the 2nd epoche.

*grummel*

Offline Coder

• Show only replies by Coder
    • http://www.amiga.nl
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2002, 12:12:58 PM »
I just checked the site and I don't see what should be wrong with it. So what if there are a few broken links? It is on the proces of updating, rigth? I don't know Merlancia but it seems I should keep checking it a lot. I saw some nice products there.

I wish you all the best.

Coder
hmmm that pic of Kramer reminded me of the epi with the cuban cigars. Wich leads me to the fact that I still have to arrange a few for next week. :-)
Check it out - I found the ass-end!

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2002, 12:35:21 PM »
Hmmm.  They do actually list specs with the AmigaMMC now, showing it to be available in Feburary 2003.  That's encouraging.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline Eric_Z

• Show only replies by Eric_Z
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2002, 01:08:24 PM »
@Indoro

First an utterly moronic question: Will it run OS4?

Seconldly: Got any plans for a dual G4 Amiga?

Now if the answer is yes to all of the above asked questions, then you might have got yourselfe an customer. :-)

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2002, 03:42:16 PM »
There is no need of slagging the messenger !
MooBunny is probraly the only forum that is really open, and most of
the sites regulars don't just have a critic/cynic mind but they actually
have a mind of their own, and some real knowledge.
Something that far to often gets replaced with blind believe on other
pages (from all sides).

Yes, it is open, but it is also the site where, from past reading, almost every post is a flame war haunted by trolls. Unfortunately most Amiga "News" sites have become this these days.

No I don't think that stalker is news, but I allready had a hard time taking
your company serious before, and the only thing you could do is making
atleast some of your promises true.
I find it simple hillarious that some people slag you of, only to praise AInc
in th next post, when all you have done sofar is stealing peoples time
instead of money.

Well, they stole time from everyone, and money from some. Over 1000 poop people sent in that $50 and got absolutely nothing in return.

In contrast, we have never, I repeat, *never* taken money for any of these products that we have announced, even when offered. Yes, everything is late, behind schedule by vast months of time. The major concern over the past year has been what to run on PPC hardware. You have to admit, that with out an OS to run, it would be quite worthless to all of you.

We won't ship an Amiga related product running Linux. We will sell Linux PPC systems, yes, but that hasn't been an interest in the Amiga community.

If you really got some money in AInc, and don't like the way they are
doing biusness, may I advice you to take whatever needed (legal)
action to get it back ? If this would lead to the death of AInc, it would
atleast bring an end to a 3 year long nightmare

We are. And, it's not just about an invesmen gone sourt, it's about other things too. Some of their employees are doing the same, as well as other former business partners and investors. They have made a lot of promices to everyone, taken money for product that doesn't work, and taken money for product that doesn't exist.

People complain about Phase5 and Antigravity. Compare to Amiga, Inc, they are angels with little golden halos.

//R//

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2002, 03:42:27 PM »
I found Harv's response the more entertaining one, however, lets do the point by point thing, using your outline.

1 (What I know about Merlancia):

What I know is all I need to know, you have made promises for a long time, and never delivered anything, except you sell some 68k market products and are a frequent subject of complaint by your customers.  You say thats about to change, well good, when it changes, then it has changed.  Until then, things are the same.

2 (Who is Merlancia)

That is more people than just you and your mom.  Good..but it does not indicate a company that has a team of engineers working on new products, or even one engineer working on a new product.

3 (Comments on Amiga, Inc.)

Unlike some people who never admit when they are wrong, I have to concede this point. Everyone is equally qualified to criticize Amiga, Inc.

4 (Moobunny)

Moobunny did a great service to the Amiga community.  You see, you were not defamed or slandered.  As a lover of words, you should realize those words have specific meaning and imply dishonesty.  Whether or not some tiny point could be criticized, I do not know, but the main thrust of the site was simply to show actual photographs of your operations.   The word debunked was the accurate word to use, as you were divested of your pretentiousness.

5 (merlancia.com)

I was actually referring to merlanciausa.com, but either way you are wrong.  It is wonderful to classify a web site as a work of art, but nevertheless a website is more than just form, it also has function.
Many large websites have some small glitches...but rarely does a professionally built site constantly assault its readership with dead ends and false navigation paths.  It is a sign of an unprofessional site, and you've been in this habit for a long time.  As a person who has worked on a moderately successful 2 mil+ e-commerce site, I know that this level of professionalism is unacceptable in the real world.  Amiga, Inc. is no better.  If some of the people in here think otherwise, goody for them, I think they do you a disservice by giving you false expectations.. the non-zealots will be negatively impressed by all the dead links, presumably you want someone to buy into your site.

6 (Who is your client)

Read back to point two, you confirm you are in the 68k market, a market you describe as being 'pitiful'.
Its always a bad sign when a person derides their own main source of business.   You wish to call someone an idiot, fine, but the biggest people you consider to be idiots are your own customers for not being smart enough to abandon 68k already.

I don't think there is any danger I will be your customer.  But I am a community member here at Amiga.org, and I will warn other community members that this merlancia hoax as been going on for years, and so far, the main thing you have done is sell a few classic Amiga products at high prices with frequent complaints by your own customers about your responsiveness.

I hope all amiga.org members will check out the moobunny articles and decide for themselves.