Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.com.pl announcement  (Read 8518 times)

Description:

Chathurawind

Re: Amiga.com.pl announcement
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2002, 05:56:33 PM »
I think there is a gentlemen's agreement between Amiga, Inc. and the Amiga community.

Amiga, Inc. will let the classic environment continue if Amiga community will let Amiga, Inc. continue.

Developing for AmigaDE gives Amiga, Inc. a future, Amiga, Inc. by wisely doing what the amiga community wants (i.e. not getting in the friggin way of progress on our beloved Amiga platform)...give the amiga community a future.

win win....with that said I think the above actions are funny.  Good for them, they will quietly change back as Amiga inc becomes more relevant.......and if that doesn't happen then they just got it a bit quicker than the rest of us.

Chathurawind

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2002, 06:10:02 PM »
In fact Mr Nerding (Haage&Partner) made
similar comments. Not that they won't support
Amiga in the future but that such actions from
Amiga Inc. don't help the Amiga market any
further.

And that's the main problem for dealers. They
don't care how much DE developers there are
becuase they don't get any money from them.
They want to sell apps, and AmigaDE doesn't
create apps for the *Amiga market*.

Chathurawind

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2002, 06:34:37 PM »
Don't act like babies. All companies have to make calls that can seem bad for their customers. But when all comes to all, business is all about customers.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
Re: Amiga.com.pl announcment
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2002, 07:02:52 PM »
 Re: Amiga.com.pl announcment          

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean they will only develop Amiga Anywhere for Windows CE??? They wont release it for linux??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely not. Think about it for a second and you might realize that Amiga Inc won't write "and Linux and 12 other OS'es" on a Press Release on the Microsoft site. Remember, Microsoft and Linux are currently mortal enemies.

quote:

I really hope you have right ;)

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2002, 08:07:34 PM »
Haha. Really dramatic :)

Offline Housey

• Show only replies by Housey
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=33
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2002, 11:15:31 PM »
hmmm whatever.

Microsuk are THE biggest software/OS company in the world like it or not (ok, not).

'grow up' - get into 2002 ffs

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2002, 11:24:49 PM »
Amiga your doing the right thing! Just don't piss of Microsoft and you will be good to go. But at the same time wach out for Miscrosoft, there evil -BOOO HISSS. Amiga should do the same this for Apples OS X

Chathurawind

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2002, 05:36:10 AM »
People are entitled to have their own opinon, and in this case, this news site has let us know what their opinions exactly are. I congradulate them on making the move if in any way it makes them feel proud of them selfs.

I dont really have anything against MS besides some of their OSes not being up to scratch. However, i know why a lot of people are feed up with MS and it has nothing to do with their OS, but their management practices.

Personaly i wouldnt do this if i had a website of my own, but i can see where these guys are coming from and their are doing what they feel is best.

I dont think we should critise those who do this as they are just making them selfs clear about how the feel about the current situation. Good on em.

But we really need to get on with our lives instead of worrying about such things. OS4 is coming and in our eyes, MS giving us money is not a bad thing!! :) and thats all we care about!

Chathurawind

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2002, 05:36:40 AM »
People are entitled to have their own opinon, and in this case, this news site has let us know what their opinions exactly are. I congradulate them on making the move if in any way it makes them feel proud of them selfs.

I dont really have anything against MS besides some of their OSes not being up to scratch. However, i know why a lot of people are feed up with MS and it has nothing to do with their OS, but their management practices.

Personaly i wouldnt do this if i had a website of my own, but i can see where these guys are coming from and their are doing what they feel is best.

I dont think we should critise those who do this as they are just making them selfs clear about how the feel about the current situation. Good on em.

But we really need to get on with our lives instead of worrying about such things. OS4 is coming and in our eyes, MS giving us money is not a bad thing!! :) and thats all we care about!

--------------------------
ooops :)
Posted by Rodney

Offline System

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2002, 02:39:48 PM »
at least they wake up we dont wont to learn
about microsoft news there are news sites for that
and we dont wand somethink that IS NOT AN AMIGA
with the amiga name on it
they produce nice stuff but they do not are amiga
or even LOOK like an amiga further more
it is NOT RUN aon an amiga  :-D

Offline System

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2002, 03:23:38 PM »
they produce nice stuff but they do not are amiga
I'm very confused about your message.  I know English is a second language for many here, but is that a "dig" against Amiga.org?

Keep in mind that 99% of all Amiga sites out there are not created or run on an Amiga.  This includes us, Czech Amiga News, Amiga News Network (ANN), AmigaRealm, and almost any site I can name.

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org

Offline badermanTopic starter

• Show only replies by baderman
    • http://zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl/~baderman
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2002, 09:36:35 PM »
how little you know about m$...

who do you call children ??? please think, it doesn't hurt... all of you thinking that ai ally with m$ will bring something good into amiga community are making me sick, please THINK, then write comments (or not :-D )
Amiga till death!

Chathurawind

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2002, 12:08:49 AM »

i dont say taht
I'm very confused about your message. I know English is a second l

dont mean  you or how you run this site this site is very nice ;-)
i mean that Amiga.inc wand to sell us somethink
that is a PC runing Windows with the name of
Amiga
this stuff isn;t an amiga and can not be called an amiga
imho and just agree with the polish and hungary nes site desicions

Offline theTAO

• Show only replies by theTAO
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2002, 09:09:04 AM »
I can see this from two perspectives.  First, I commend the Polish site for their sheer willpower.  From all I've read, .NET is about as evil a plan as Micro$oft has ever hatched, and people of good conscience should work to isolate, choke, and kill it by any means necessary.  If the Vorlons ever come to Earth to destroy Micro$oft plus anything and anybody influenced by them, Amiga, Inc. may be no more, but the site staff will likely survive.  I used to think that I hated M$ more than just about anybody I know, but now I see people who are even more hard-core. :-)  If nothing else, this announcement is a way of keeping the .NET beast in the spotlight.

On the other hand, we don't really know Amiga, Inc. have anything more than a "take-the-money-and-run" attitude.  Amiga, Inc. are a business, and from what I've gathered, a business that sorely needs more investment.  I also would have preferred Amiga telling them to "go to hell"...I've been wanting to tell some M$ employees that myself for years!  Wouldn't it be nearly as satisfying, though, if M$'s investment is used for software development that ultimately bites them back...ie. PocketPC losing market share on cell phones, PDA's, etc. to AmigaDE...or (heaven forbid) AmigaOS taking a chunk out of Windows desktop sales?  The point of AmigaDE is that is does run anywhere, and to me this agreement only indicates that it will run on .NET a little earlier than the others.  Until we see some proof of exclusionary licensing, proprietary DE apps, Windows code in OS4.x, etc., I'm willing to give Amiga the benefit of the doubt.  If this press release is as bad as the Polish site thinks, I will eventually side with them, but I don't think it's prudent jumping to conclusions.

Todd

Offline Casper

• Show only replies by Casper
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2002, 02:58:05 PM »
I think these people (the ones boycotting Amiga Inc) are overreacting to this. All the press release basically says is that Amiga Anywhere will run on future versions of Windows CE. I wonder why they didn't react this way when the DE SDK came out for Windows, it is basically the same thing.

Offline eddit

• Show only replies by eddit
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 18, 2002, 10:40:58 PM »
There appears to be some major confusion over what CE .NET is.   First of all, it is NOT .NET, the replacement of visual basic and Microsoft's way of sucking you into all of their services.  It IS the underlying OS for PocketPC.  

Microsoft in their wisdom rebranded WindowsCE to PokcetPC.  But .. PocketPC itself comes in many forms.  The handheld manufacturer could chose components from WindowsCE and bolt it together.  This is then called PocketPC.  The source of all these components is now called CE .NET.   Confused yet :-? So .. when Amiga Inc. are saying that they are producing AmigaAnywhere for CE .NET, it means PocketPC in terms of PDA's.

I suspect that they have licenced the AmigaDE player to be part of the CE .NET distribution.

SO WHAT HAS CHANGED FROM BEFORE  :-?  :-?  Nothing really.  They could play AmigaDE apps on  PocketPC PDA's before!!

I mean, immagine if Amiga Inc released the following press release:

Amigas Inc releases AmigaAnywhere!!
Amiga, Inc. is pleased to introduce its new line of products, a complete solution for the delivery of content to any type of digital device with the express purpose of enriching the end user experience.

However, due to our dislike of Microsoft, we have decided to Boycott PocketPC, hence reducing our market share (especually in europe)
 :-x  :-x

What do you think!

Edwin